My girlfriend and I were fortunate enough to enjoy a couple of nights at the Hyatt Regency Waikiki during a quick girls' weekend trip to Oahu... and I can't wait til the next time I can stay at this wonderful hotel! Next time it will be with my husband though.
Arrival: We arrived in the morning, registered at the front desk, left our bags and car, and proceeded on a walking shopping spree down Kalakaua. (The hotel itself also has quite the array of shops galore and right next to the international marketplace!) Our bags were at the room when we came back to officially check in later. Throughout the stay we had the pleasure of meeting a few of the staff, but with the valet staff, a gentleman named Michael comes to mind as he was exceptionally helpful on our last day.
Registration: We came back after a long day to check in around 5pm or so... Not because the room wasn't ready but because we had stayed out longer than we had planned. A lovely front desk agent named Chrea (spelling?) checked us in. I also work in customer service, and I have to say, she is exceptional! She was professional, efficient, friendly and hospitable yet also got to connect with us on a personal level but without being too chatty or intrusive... That is a delicate balance to keep, and she did it wonderfully! She also asked for my friend's name (which came in handy later) so as to have us both properly registered to the room. I came down the next day to replace a key that wasn't working, and she remembered me by name even as I walked up to the counter. Amazing service.
And now the room. For starters, if you are thinking of reserving the regency club rooms, PLEASE DO! Or request for a high floor whenever possible. We had fantastic views of the Diamond head and Waikiki Beach from our room up on the 35th floor of the Diamond Head tower! We had requested two beds and we received a room with two double beds which were clean and VERY comfy and were always made by the time we got back. The warm toilet seat and bidet was a nice touch as well!
Amenities: It seems like we had all the amenities we could ask for in the room... even Q-tips and cotton balls in the bathroom... I know it seems so small, but being girls, we had packed even small things like these, and a flatiron, of course... Incidentally... They also offer to lend a flatiron/curling iron among other things. Now again, being girls, we forgot a few essentials at home such as... Our shaving kit. This was provided as well! We were thoroughly impressed by these seemingly little details that made our stay worry-free. (Good thinking, Hyatt)
The club lounge was easily accessible from our elevator, with a spacious area and good selection, with indoor and outdoor seating. For cocktails, note that they have a house selection for the bar, but it works for an evening drink as you start to relax. They offer a variety of drinks in the bars on property also, if that's your scene. Then of course, besides that, is the entire Waikiki area. The lounge got pretty full on Friday night but comfortable and not crowded.
Japengo: was such a great treat that We went there both nights! (Sorry Shor, I'll try you next time) We had the most pleasant server, Micah, on our first night - he definitely went above and beyond to ensure our evening was pleasant. We asked, and he happily gave us some good advice for us ladies wanting to have a nice laid-back Waikiki evening. On the first night, we shared the Szechuan eggplant, Scallops, Red dragon, and one more sushi roll I can't remember and they were all fantastic. The ahi in the rolls were very melt-in-your-mouth delicious, as in fresh.
Swim poolside lounge and its towel station: we always had lunch at the bar, and the bartender, I think his name was Kyle? And his partner whom we met the next day... Both were Very friendly and have been there together for 30+ years! Amazing. That tells me a lot about a property and its staff.
Also a quick note for Francis, a front desk manager, who was sympathetic and efficient in handling the small issue we had with our keys. (Maybe putting them next to our phones or credit cards wasn't really helping?) he also ensured that our stay went well. We were also able to use a hospitality room since it was available... And this helped a lot for two girls gone shopping crazy and in much need of reorganizing and re-packing before a late flight. Mahalo, sir.
All in all... We had a great time, came back relaxed and happy. The staff was wonderful and accommodating, the hotel itself comfortable and elegant.
Would I stay here again? Absolutely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience all the excitement of Waikiki from one incredible location. Steps from the azure blue waters and soft sands of Waikiki Beach, Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa offers magnificent personalized services and luxurious amenities including world-class dining, award-winning spa, interactive cultural activities, 24-hour fitness center, swimming pool overlooking the Pacific Ocean, and more than 60 on-site boutiques. The resort provides the perfect place for those who want to make the most of their island experience and connect with the heart of Hawaii. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TravelUp, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort And Spa
- Hyatt Regency Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Hyatt Regency Honolulu
- Hyatt Honolulu
- Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa Hawaii/Honolulu