Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
  • Free Internet
5,778 results
All reviewsewa toweracross the streetshor restaurantswim barfarmers marketocean viewthe diamond head towerthe duke statuebreakfast buffetresort feelarge hotelwaikiki resortbeach chairspool staffthird floorour honeymoonlots of shops
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 11, 2013

So my flight was delayed from LAX to HNL and what was suppose to be about an hour wait for my husband who was flying from ATL to HNL to meet me was about 6 hours. I called him from LAX and told him to go ahead to the hotel and check in and I would just follow later in a cab. This turned out to be a very long wait for him in the hotel lobby. Hyatt in the spirit of safely would not let him check in due to not being listed on the reservation. If I had realized this (I was told later) I could have called ahead and had him placed on the reservation. They told him when he attempted to check in that even if he had been on the reservation he would not have been allowed to check in. Conflicting info here. Now bear in mind we had stayed at this hotel last year but that didn't matter. I am glad for the Hyatt being safety conscious, but when I arrived around 8pm I saw my husband asleep on one of the hard wooden benched in the lobby. I felt so bad for him. After I successfully checked in we got to our room only to have a very noisy neighbor beside us. We were both pretty exhausted (especially my husband) so sleep came easily. We didn't eat here but being a Hyatt member were given a coupon for free pupu's at the Japengo restaurant. Easy taxi drop off and pick up under a covered drive and the conference center where I conducted a seminar is directly across the street and very convenient. The bed was comfy. It's still very hard to hear the reception staff due to the loud waterfall. Poor architectural planning. We stayed 2 nights when left for Maui!

Room Tip: an ocean view may mean a sliver of ocean and more street view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank speaker55
lvans, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Aloha,

Thank you for providing this detailed review. While we do not compromise guest safety as you have noted we did share your comments with both the front desk supervisor and the catering staff. We regret there seems to have been confusion in the information you were given regarding the check-in policy. We do apologize for that misunderstanding and for noise you experienced once in your room.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Location: Right in front of waikiki beach, 5 mins walk to apple shop/mall, 45min shuttle from in front of hotel to outlet malls, 10 min taxi to big shopping mall, close to restaurants (must try Dukes - googel it)
Price: little bit on the higher side but worth it. Amazing views, great pool, exceptional service,
- Breakfast: could be better but they cater for 100s of people
- Internet was reasonably fast
Would recommend!! The staff were super helpful.
Make sure you get a room with access to the executive lounge as you get a private concierge, evening food, drinks etc.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the beach!!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Aloha,

Thank you for the review. We are glad to read that you enjoyed your visit. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

I'm a regular visitors to Honolulu and normally stay at the Westin Moana Surfrider but it was sold out. Got a discounted $200/night rate which is very good for peak season. As a Gold Passport member, got a room upgrade to ocean view and hotel offers lots of discounts to GP members. The hotel food is also decent tasting but very pricey.

Here are the bad. Hotel is very confusing with multiple towers and escalators. Valet parking on one way street so you have to circle around to access, and it's very small so there's always a wait to pull in or out of valet. The front desk is not at the street level, but up escalator and a good walk away. Front desk was manned by one person, so a wait to check in. At checkout, I waited in line for over 5 mins and then they told me systems was down and they can't give me a bill. They also didn't leave a bill for me the night before to review. I left my information and they said they would email me the bill later. But I did not receive it and had to call again to receive it. Just bad service all around.

My room was in the Ewa (west) Tower and the room are laid out in a strange hub and spoke circle. My room was essentially in a cul-de-sac with 4 doorways right next to each other in an upside down U shape, not only is this strange, you can hear your neighbors opening and closing their doors. It kind is echoes.

When you open the door, you walk right into the end is a dividing wall and the room smells musty. The wall separates the bath area and bedroom. air conditioning is on the bedroom side, so carpet outside bathroom is wet and smells musty as it can't dry out.

Wallpaper and bathroom is also very tired looking and seriously need an upgrade. If I'd paid full price of $360/night, I would be very disappointed.

Beach is also across the Main Street in Waikiki, it's not far but it's not on the beach.

Would not stay here again if I had a choice.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank LuvtoSafari
lvans, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Aloha,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We value all of our guest compliments and criticisms and have shared your comments with all of the appropriate departments. We regret that your stay was not satisfying and we assure you the issues with the billing, lines, and room have been addressed.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

It was a mini stay-cation for us but the room we had was nice & offered a partial ocean view. The staff was friendly. Made use of the Stay-fit exercise room. It was a little crowded but I was able to put in a good session. The bell porter offered to assist us with our bag as we were waiting to check out of the hotel at the front desk. We self-parked our car so he waited until I brought the car to the front of the hotel & helped us put the bag into the trunk. That was a nice touch. Especially for local people. Sometimes we feel that its only the tourist that get the special treatment. But we were very pleased with the service here.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
lvans, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Aloha,

Thank you for reviewing your stay. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We will definitely share your comments with our team especially the bell desk.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

My family and I have stayed here twice on vacations to Hawaii. The rooms are very good, and the location is perfect. You are about 100 yards away from the beach, and you have some outstanding dining options all within walking distance. The lobby is also very nice, with a nice garden in the atrium and a serviceable coffee shop.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Aloha,

Thank you for the review. We are glad to read that you had such a wonderful experience. We hope you will visit us again in the future.