“Excellent location & service”

Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa
Ranked #23 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
GreenLeadersBronze level
Sydney, Australia
“Excellent location & service”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Location: Right in front of waikiki beach, 5 mins walk to apple shop/mall, 45min shuttle from in front of hotel to outlet malls, 10 min taxi to big shopping mall, close to restaurants (must try Dukes - googel it)
Price: little bit on the higher side but worth it. Amazing views, great pool, exceptional service,
- Breakfast: could be better but they cater for 100s of people
- Internet was reasonably fast
Would recommend!! The staff were super helpful.
Make sure you get a room with access to the executive lounge as you get a private concierge, evening food, drinks etc.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the beach!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
lvans, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Aloha,

Thank you for the review. We are glad to read that you enjoyed your visit. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Mahalo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,118)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

I'm a regular visitors to Honolulu and normally stay at the Westin Moana Surfrider but it was sold out. Got a discounted $200/night rate which is very good for peak season. As a Gold Passport member, got a room upgrade to ocean view and hotel offers lots of discounts to GP members. The hotel food is also decent tasting but very pricey.

Here are the bad. Hotel is very confusing with multiple towers and escalators. Valet parking on one way street so you have to circle around to access, and it's very small so there's always a wait to pull in or out of valet. The front desk is not at the street level, but up escalator and a good walk away. Front desk was manned by one person, so a wait to check in. At checkout, I waited in line for over 5 mins and then they told me systems was down and they can't give me a bill. They also didn't leave a bill for me the night before to review. I left my information and they said they would email me the bill later. But I did not receive it and had to call again to receive it. Just bad service all around.

My room was in the Ewa (west) Tower and the room are laid out in a strange hub and spoke circle. My room was essentially in a cul-de-sac with 4 doorways right next to each other in an upside down U shape, not only is this strange, you can hear your neighbors opening and closing their doors. It kind is echoes.

When you open the door, you walk right into the end is a dividing wall and the room smells musty. The wall separates the bath area and bedroom. air conditioning is on the bedroom side, so carpet outside bathroom is wet and smells musty as it can't dry out.

Wallpaper and bathroom is also very tired looking and seriously need an upgrade. If I'd paid full price of $360/night, I would be very disappointed.

Beach is also across the Main Street in Waikiki, it's not far but it's not on the beach.

Would not stay here again if I had a choice.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Luvtosafari
lvans, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Aloha,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We value all of our guest compliments and criticisms and have shared your comments with all of the appropriate departments. We regret that your stay was not satisfying and we assure you the issues with the billing, lines, and room have been addressed.

Wailuku
Reviewed August 8, 2013

It was a mini stay-cation for us but the room we had was nice & offered a partial ocean view. The staff was friendly. Made use of the Stay-fit exercise room. It was a little crowded but I was able to put in a good session. The bell porter offered to assist us with our bag as we were waiting to check out of the hotel at the front desk. We self-parked our car so he waited until I brought the car to the front of the hotel & helped us put the bag into the trunk. That was a nice touch. Especially for local people. Sometimes we feel that its only the tourist that get the special treatment. But we were very pleased with the service here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
lvans, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Aloha,

Thank you for reviewing your stay. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We will definitely share your comments with our team especially the bell desk.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed August 8, 2013

My family and I have stayed here twice on vacations to Hawaii. The rooms are very good, and the location is perfect. You are about 100 yards away from the beach, and you have some outstanding dining options all within walking distance. The lobby is also very nice, with a nice garden in the atrium and a serviceable coffee shop.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Aloha,

Thank you for the review. We are glad to read that you had such a wonderful experience. We hope you will visit us again in the future.

Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

I love this hotel. It is across the street from Waikiki Beach. My room was large and clean. I was upgraded at check in. Room was quiet. View was gorgeous. Pool is nice but small. The regency club was crowded for breakfast. Selection was fair. I would return to this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2013
Aloha,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We are happy to read that you enjoyed your visit and that you will consider staying with us again in the future.

scotland
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I had an enjoyable stay here but I was very disappointed in the 2 rooms my family had, even although we were upgraded on check in. Both rooms looked very tired and were not well laid out. My teenage children had a room with the wardrobe in the bathroom. This was not convenient for them when trying to get changed if someone else was in the bathroom, Both rooms could have done with being freshly decorated. The hotel was conveniently situated across from the beach. The pool area was comfortable. All the staff I spoke to were very helpful. I used the laundry room once and this was good. We had breakfast in the hotel. It was ok but not anything special. There was a good selection of shops in the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
lvans, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Aloha,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay . We do regret you were not more satisfied with your room arrangements. Our management team is paying close attention to the customer reviews of the rooms and the guest experiences. We will share your comments with them for further discussion especially regarding the closet and bathroom.

Melbourne
Reviewed August 7, 2013

The Hyatt Regency is in a good location, right opposite Waikiki Beach. Although the breakfast was nice, rooms clean and the king bed very comfortable, the hotel really does need an update. The $25 per day resort fee didn't include much in the way of services - wifi that was very slow it was almost unusable and two bottle of water a day. The pool is very small and very crowded. Service left a bit to be desired. We missed a pre-booked tour one morning because the receptionist told us to wait in the wrong place and then would not ring the tour company for us to check (the tour company however was very helpful when we did contact them and offered to pick us up on a different day instead). My key did not work one night so a security guard attended my room after I had inquired at the front desk. When the guard let me into my room he told me I had to ring reception and was required to stand there while I did so. It was 10.30 at night and my partner wasn't with me at the time and I found the whole experience quite threatening and unsettling. I won't be going back to this hotel, and probably not Hawaii either. Perhaps I am just used to the high level of friendly, helpful service in Asia, and my expectations were simply too high, but this experience really ruined my holiday.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Aloha,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We sincerely apologize that you felt uncomfortable in any way when you had to ring back to the front desk regarding your keys. We will share this with our security supervisor and assure you that our team is very professional and they work hard so that our guests feel safe at all times. We also regret the issue with the tour. It is hard to tell if this was our staff or the tour concierge staff but we will share your comments with the front desk supervisor for follow up with everyone.