Overall the stay was pleasant except for a few things in the room and the service.
I tried very hard to use the suite upgrade for this stay from mid-March to right before the trip in early May, but the hotel was full during the whole stay. Then the VIP manager tried to accommodate our needs (microwave and empty refrigerator), which was great. In fact, I really enjoyed the club lounge service and the staff there was super nice and responsive. The club lounge was sometimes crowded, but I could manage to get there earlier or later to avoid the crowdness. Location was superb. We could access all the interesting and fun places easily. I just wish the hotel had a bigger swimming pool and its own beach area like Hilton.
Anyway, the problem part was the room temperature and the maid service. The room temp at night was really cold for us. During the day, we were out, so it didn't matter. However, at night the temp was too cool for us to sleep. It seems that the thermo can't go over 75'. Even at 75', it was still very cold at night. It's because we are somewhat sensitive and easily catch a cold at a cold temp. We in fact got a cold in the later part of the stay and took the cold medication. We put a cushion against the lower part of the wall to avoid the cold air circulation, but it didn't help that much.
The room cleaning service was great except for one day in the later part of the stay. I mentioned this to the front desk when I checked out because it was very unusual. I don't know what happened to the maid that day, but everything was not in its place and I got the impression that the maid hurried to leave before she or he completed room making service. One example was the bed. Attached is the picture of the bed after the service. When we turned over the first layer of the blanket to get in, we got surprised. The bath robes were gone and all the towels were on the toilet. I asked another maid on the floor to help me to get some missing stuff, but it was very weird to have that kind of service in Hyatt. I left my comments to the survey, but am not sure whether they all took care of these problems for any future guests there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Explore the excitement of Oahu in one of Hawaii's most fashionable zip codes. Just steps from renowned warm waters and spectacular views of Waikiki Beach, the property features newly remodeled guest rooms, an award-winning spa, retail shopping, cultural activities and cuisine from celebrated chefs. Close to Honolulu's most visited attractions, including the USS Arizona Memorial at Pearl Harbor, Iolani Palace and Diamond Head Crater, the hotel is the ideal solution for those who want it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort And Spa
- Hyatt Regency Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Hyatt Regency Honolulu
- Hyatt Honolulu
- Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa Hawaii/Honolulu