We booked our holiday through 'My Holiday Centre' which represented good value for money. We upgraded to an ocean view room for extra but wasn't happy on arrival, I was instantly disappointed in the room very old and dated, inter connecting door to other room with 2 cm gap under door, view of buildings not ocean unless you went out on the balcony and stood on the left hand side, bathroom very small and dated. I said to my husband - don't touch anything, there is no way we can stay here for a week. We made our way down to reception and lined up again when we eventually spoke to someone on the desk they said there were no other rooms as they were fully booked but to come back on Thursday and they may be able to upgrade us ( I thought we paid for an upgrade?). On the Thursday we went down to reception only to be told there were no other rooms available. We spoke to another couple who had the same issue on arrival and they said they were upgraded to an ocean front room when they made a scene at the front desk so maybe that is the trick as we did see a few unhappy people at reception.
During our stay we had to contend with listening to every sound possible from under the connecting door , the shower leaking all over the floor, no jug to make a cup of tea (spoke to reception three times regarding this and the promise of having one sent up to our room never eventuated)
On the plus side the staff at the activity desk were very helpful and the staff in the restaurant at breakfast were all very nice they even served drinks to us in the line up to get a table.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience all the excitement of Waikiki from one incredible location. Steps from the azure blue waters and soft sands of Waikiki Beach, Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa offers magnificent personalized services and luxurious amenities including world-class dining, award-winning spa, interactive cultural activities, 24-hour fitness center, swimming pool overlooking the Pacific Ocean, and more than 60 on-site boutiques. The resort provides the perfect place for those who want to make the most of their island experience and connect with the heart of Hawaii. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort And Spa
- Hyatt Regency Honolulu
- Hyatt Honolulu
- Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa Hawaii/Honolulu