Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
  • Free Internet
5,783 results
All reviewsewa toweracross the streetshor restaurantswim barfarmers marketocean viewthe diamond head towerthe duke statuebreakfast buffetresort feelarge hotelwaikiki resortbeach chairspool staffthird floorour honeymoonlots of shops
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

First time at a Hyatt hotel. We usually stay at the Outrigger Reef when we come through but we got the United Club card which automatically enrolls you at the platinum level in the Hyatt loyalty program so we thought we would try it out for our three night stay in Waikiki.

We arrived after a long flight around 5 pm with our 17 month old. We had reserved a king bed (we co sleep) and were told they only had rooms on the smoking floor left. Um, what???? No way I'm sleeping in a smoky room with my baby. Or they could get us in a room with double beds. Neither of these were acceptable options and not what we reserved. I wasn't feeling much like I was in their platinum club. She looked and looked and found a room with a scaffolding on the balcony that would mean we couldn't use the balcony but otherwise was a nonsmoking king but it wasn't clean yet. We waited an hour in the lobby with our exhausted baby. Okay...so we get our keys finally and get to our room. Our luggage took another hour and a half to get to our room!!!!!!!! The guy apologized and left us a voucher for one free drink at the bar.

What a horrible start.

The room is fine...no complaints in the actual facilities. But she was right about the scaffolding making the balcony unusable and you also can hardly see out of the window beyond it. The luggage guy was astounded by the scaffolding and wondered if he should call the front desk to inquire for us. Haha.

So, I lay down the first morning to take a nap with my baby and they are apparently doing construction on the balcony area as there is drilling and hammering, etc. you have got to be kidding. I have my privacy sign on the door. The housekeeping is cleaning the rooms next door and yelling and CUSSING really loudly while I am tring to get my baby down. Geez!!!

Parking is $35 per night. Need I say more?

So far we are not impressed. Two nights to go.....

• Stayed: March 2013
4  Thank Julie S
lvans, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Aloha,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. As we have read this and it looks like you are still on property we have reached out to both our front desk and housekeeping managers. They should try to contact you before you depart. We do regret the mix up with the bed in the room and the noise. These issues will be addressed.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

My family of 4 (hubbie & 2 girls 13 & 9) stayed at the Hyatt 11 nights from Jan 6 to Jan 17 2013. We booked through MyHawaii who were great. We arrived early in the morning & discovered we had left a backpack either at the airport or on the transfer bus. The porter named Lance could not have been more helpful. After a mixup he thought he had located the bag with the transfer company & we gave him a tip thinking it would delivered later. Later another porter delivering our bags to the room told us of the mixup & brought back our tip from Lance. How good is that. (We did get the bag later as it was at the airport lost & found). Anyway that is indicative of the service we had during our stay. It was great. We had booked 2 ocean view connecting rooms but received an upgrade to 2 oceanfront connecting rooms (2159 & 2160) in the Diamond Head tower. What a view. I don't think you could get a better view in Waikiki. Straight across from the beach & The Duke statue. We also received a bottle of champagne for our anniversary. Very nice touch. The rooms were very large. I think the front & side rooms are probably the largest.
The decor was quite nice although the bathrooms & carpet could do with an upgrade. Having said that with a view like we had all else didn't matter. One thing that really matters to me though is the bed. They were super comfortable. Our room had a king size bed while the kids room had 2 "doubles". These doubles are not the same as an Australian double. They seem longer but not as wide so if you were planning on one room of 2 doubles for a family I would check with the hotel of the actual size. It could be a bit squashy for 2 adults. Maybe other rooms are different. Each room has an empty bar fridge (apart from the free water bottles each day) so you can buy your own beer/wine or cold snacks from the ABC stores & store them here. There is also an ice machine on each floor. Very handy! We had the buffet breakfast each day which was very nice & the staff here were excellent. Just sit inside as the pigeons outside are disgusting as they jump on tables and are total pests. We dined at Japengo & The Shore which were both very good although the kids didn't like Japengo (fussy Aussie kids). We had drinks & food quite a few times at the Poolside bar. It was always very good and the female waiters were super friendly & helpful. Room service was also reasonable & very good. As for tours we did a Roberts Hawaii tour of Pearl Harbour & downtown Honolulu which was good & the guide was excellent. We also did a cricle island tour using a tour company located just across the street (next to Mexican restaurant). That was also very good & takes the stress out of driving yourself (the highway is extremely busy). We went to the Ala Moana shopping centre (more upmarket) & Waikele Outlets (cheap Vans for my 13yr old). We also went to the Sealife Park (very small & old but still fun. My girls did a dolphin encounter & we bought the best photos ever of them with a dolpin). We did the Magic/Illustionist show at the Holiday Inn (the show was very good but the 3 course meal way too rushed). We topped off our holiday with a helicopter tour of Oahu. Expensive but great. Overall we had a great holiday. There's heaps to do so allow more than a week & I can highly recommend the Hyatt for location & service. There was no problem with the lifts either. Only once we waited quite a while but I think one was out of service due to painting & it was a busy time. All other times were fine. If there was one fault I had to pick I would just mention the Hyatt Regency Gold Pass. Each time I used it for dining discounts I mentioned it but it was almost always forgotten on the bill. It was always rectified after asking gain so wasn't really a problem. Overall everything was great. Thankyou MyHawaii, Hyatt Regency & Hawaii in general for a great holiday & great service everywhere.

Room Tip: Pay for a view
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank JulieW_10

Aloha,

Thank you for the feedback. We are pleased to read you had an enjoyable visit. We have shared your comments regarding the Gold Passport discounts. We assure you that this will be reviewed with staff. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

I have to thank My Hawaii for organising everything. From the start of my trip to the end I had nothing to worry about. The hotel is the best I have stayed in. It is central to everything in Wakki. The bus trollys and shopping bus is right in front of the hotel. The beach is just cross the road and its there. The hotel and staff where faultless. Staff always smiling polite and helpfull. The roon was big two beds and tv. Free wifi and phone calls to
The full ocean view I had was fantstic. Great to sit on balcony and watch the the sunsets.I recomend this hotel to anyone. Also for organizing a stress free holiday get in touch with My Hawaii holiday center and they will do it all for you.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank konpapa
lvans, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Aloha,

Thank you for the review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

This was a fantastic hotel! Stayed on 35th floor and room was clean, quiet and modern. Elevators were just fine. No long waits. The hotel staff treated us like royalty. The Regency Club is a great place for evening snacks and drinks and the staff there, Cary, Mark and Reid were just wonderful hosts. We will stay here again next time we are in Honolulu.

Room Tip: Get a Regency Club room if you can.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
lvans, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Aloha,

Thank you for the review. We are glad to read that you had such an enjoyable vacation with us. We will share your compliments with the staff.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

we arrived at our hotel at 10am which was far too early to check in but the hotel staff was wonderful and made sure we were aware of things to do whislt awaiting for our room. We believe we had the best room in the hotel with a wonderful scenic view of the ocean. We found the staff to be friendly ,helpful.Breakfast was enjoyable apart from some annoying pigeons.The venue is situated right in the middle of the Waikiki,walking distance to shops and we even walked all the way from Alamoana shopping center--it took us 1hour but we loved it.The Legends night out is a must do--loved it. We are already planning our next visit.Thank you Holiday center for your assistance--Tom you did a fantastic job.

Room Tip: any room facing the ocean--we had 3409 best view in town,away from lifts
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bernadette H

Aloha,

Thank you for the review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope to serve you again in the future.