$179
$188
Hyatt.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $209/night.

$325
$229
The Modern Honolulu(Honolulu)
$269
6,024 results
All reviewsewa toweracross the streetshor restaurantswim barfarmers marketocean viewthe diamond head towerthe duke statuebreakfast buffetresort feelarge hotelwaikiki resortbeach chairspool staffthird floorour honeymoonlots of shops
Reviewed February 7, 2013

As the Hyatt Regency is doing lots of package deals, be prepared to Queue for everything. The worst of which was for breakfast, 60 people deep and a 20 minute wait. In 40 years of travelling I have never experienced anything like it. Staff were so run off their feet, you couldn't get a glass of water and it took 10 minutes to get tea and coffee. Breakfast was ordinary to say the least and one dirty old toaster to accomodate the 15 people all standing waiting.

Flights from Australia get you in by 8.30am but you can't have your room till 3pm. We were told ours was already empty and they would put a rush on cleaning it and send a message to us. No message eventuated and while we were upgraded to an ocean view room we arrived to a dirty bathroom with soap residue still in the holder and a dirty sink and a 3pm check in.

You will also spend much of your day waiting for the lifts which seem to take forever.

While the hotel has undergone a soft reno since I last stayed, furniture used in the room is still old and knocked about and apart from a heated toilet seat, bathrooms are small and outdated. Common areas such as breakfast and carpeting on floors has been replaced, however the decor in the lifts and check in is looking very old and tired.

While most Hawaiian hotels struggle with offering a real 5 star experience, the Hyatt has gone the mass package route and this degrades the whole experience.

Room Tip: Great Views from Ocean View rooms but you have to pay for it.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Sevegne N
lvans, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Aloha,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback of your stay. We have forwarded your post to our Food and Beverage Director to review the line at SHOR and the service received while at the restaurant. We regret that you were not more satisfied with your stay and the hotel facilities. We assure you your concerns will be addressed.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

My partner and I stayed here for 8 nights- we went with the Hyatt due to the good price, but I was really hoping to stay at the moana. Upon arrival, we were greeted and treated like royality! Check in was a breeze and when we asked if
It was possible to get a room on a higher floor and they did so with all smiles! We were assisted to our beautiful, spacious room with incredible views of the Iran and city! The location was brilliant- right across from the beach- and in the heart of Waikiki in my opinion. A delicious and diverse buffet breakfast, a fully equipped gym and hotel spa.... We took advantage of all and were more then impressed. Incredible customer service the whole way through- any issues we had were
Resolved promptly! Next time we come, we will definitely be saying here again! 10/10, could not rave enough about our
Experience at the Hyatt regency!

• Stayed: February 2013
4  Thank AmeliaandRob
lvans, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Aloha,

Thank you for the feedback and great review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and we have shared your comments with our team. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Everything was well organised, and we couldn't have wanted for a better location for our accomodation. Staff were friendly and helpful. Great views from our balcony, and a great pool bar and meeting place. Don't use the money exchange in the hotel as better exchange rates are available. Be careful of supercheap tours as they are part of a package that includes being subjected to a sales pitch for timeshare property. The expedia desk at the hotel is fantastic and very helpful. "My Hawaii" provided a great worry free holiday.

Room Tip: Upgrade to ocean view if you can. It is worth it.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank BruceP38
lvans, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Aloha,

Thank you for the review. We are pleased you had such a wonderful stay. We hope to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Travelled with My Hawaii. First time to Hawaii .Stayed at the Hyatt Regency which was supposed to be 5 star.Maybe 20 years ago but in need of a bit of an upgrade. Apart from that the hotel was great. Right in the middle of Waikiki. and within walking distance of just about every wherel. Part of our deal was a Luau at Jimmy Buffets which we were realy looking forward to .Only problem was the show hadn't run for about six months wich you'd expect My Hawaii to know about.We upgraded to the ocean view package which included a dinner cruise on the Ali'i Kai cattamaran.What can you say about the Ali' Kai. Worst dining experience ever. Packed in like sardines. 10 to a table that woud be cossy with 6,very average food Lovely aroma of the kitchen and sewage system. My partner and I couldn't wait to get off. We travelled with my Hawaii
who were great to deal with,
Apart from those 2 issues we had a great time. Met heaps of freindly people.Local tours were great prices were reasonable. If your expecting a laid back island experience your not going to get it in Wakiki. Very comercial. If we go back we'd probably only spend a day in Honolulu and the head out to the other islands. Over all had a great time .Just trying to forget tha dinner cruise.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank dsteve2250

Aloha,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We appreciate your comments and we hope that you have used Trip Advisor to rate and review the cruise and the other off property activities that were not up to your expectations so that those businesses will know of your experiences.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Hi we recently stayed at Hyatt regency and had a fantastic holiday !! We booked our package through My Hawaii as the now have direct flights from Brisbane and the package was great value for money !! I have already made enquires for 2014!
The breakfast at this hotel was excellent and the view even better !
I had read many negative comments on here before leaving and I was a little nervous about staying here! But I was really happy with the room, service and ESP the location!
We were travelling with a 22 month old and a 3yr old and the room was def big enough. The room had two double beds and they gave us a cot for my bub!
We flew with Hawaiian Airlines which were also excellent! Food was fine and the seats roomy ! We were also very lucky as they gave us a seat for our daughter!
We had transfers from the airport that was part of My Hawaii package ( makes travels much easier with 2 little ones)
So all in all we had a fantastic holiday and can't wait to go back !!
Don't hesitate to contact if you have any questions !!
Oh did I mention we got 2 free tours with our My Hawaii package !! Value for money
I could go on all day about how good our holiday was, but just got there and check it out !!

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank pilateskate
lvans, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Aloha,

Thank you for the review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to serving you again next year.