We stayed at this hotel at the start and end of our Hawaii holiday early January 2013. As a family of 5 with a grandmother, we occupied 3 rooms of which one was with a connecting door. The hotel is located in the middle of Waikiki Beach just opposite the beach albeit separated by a busy road. The hotel is a high storey building with excellent views across Waikiki, Diamond Head and Honolulu. Not all rooms have this view, so make sure to request a high floor with full ocean views. Both the reception and the rooms are dated and need upgrading especially bathrooms (really small) and the air conditioning. The lay out of the reception and other general areas is really odd and sort of mixed in with a dated shopping center. This affects the feeling of really being in a hotel, let alone a resort. The hotel's clientele is mainly Japanese tours and some of the service are overly focused on this target group. The hotel is really not a resort as the pool is very small and it is quite a hassle to get to the beach. The other hotels on the strip (e.g. Westin) are much better positioned and in future I would prefer that.
We were really disappointed with the front office staff and had many issues both while checking in and out. The duty manager tried to help but did so without making a note in the system so that the same problem kept reoccurring. There is a clear need for further training of the front office staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Explore the excitement of Oahu in one of Hawaii's most fashionable zip codes. Just steps from renowned warm waters and spectacular views of Waikiki Beach, the property features newly remodeled guest rooms, an award-winning spa, retail shopping, cultural activities and cuisine from celebrated chefs. Close to Honolulu's most visited attractions, including the USS Arizona Memorial at Pearl Harbor, Iolani Palace and Diamond Head Crater, the hotel is the ideal solution for those who want it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort And Spa
- Hyatt Regency Honolulu
- Hyatt Honolulu
- Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa Hawaii/Honolulu