I travelled with my partner in August which was our first time and were a bit disappointed; when we first arrived we were given our key to our room and found our own way up there and immediately were very upset with the room. It was on the first floor right by the lift; this meant not only did we have the consistent noise but the room was smaller (not retangular shape, nearly half of the room cut off where the lift came in) I knew the rooms were not usually like this as I had done my research online and just the room next door we could see into when the cleaner was there and it was a lot bigger. The view itself was of a street and roofing, the rooms itself also needed updating, and we found it very strange that the sink was outside of the bathroom. We could also hear building work very close by and could just hear drills againt our wall.
We complained to reception that we wanted to be moved because of the cirumstances, and I was greeted by a very rude receptionist who just said well you booked that type of room. I tried to explain that I knew I wouldn't have a sea view, but a cupboard next to the lift was ridiculous for the money we were paying. The best she would offer is another room further along the corridor the next day! Later in the evening music started from a bar around the corner and it was SO loud you would think that it was on our balcony- no exaggeration. We could not sleep at all and was jet lagged and getting really fed up at this point. We complained again and were told we would need to wait until the morning as there was nothing they could do. Again the evening went on and we were ready to switch hotels at this point that we complained again and this time a nice young man switched our room to a much higher room on the 29th floor and was finally the right size too! We also had a mountain view and if you went to the side of the balcony you could see the sea. They fixed the issue in end but after trying 3 times and being rather upset.
The hotel itself was pretty with the waterfalls and in the perfect location if you want the hustle and bustle. We found it a bit noisy and not as relaxing as we thought it would be, expecially as the beach was packed and the sea wasn't clear and was very rocky. We did like that we had lots of restaurants to choose from nearby though (the cheesecake factory became a favourite) and good shops.
We only ate at the breakfast twice as we had been given coupons but had we not had this we wouldn't have eaten there as it was very expensive- $20 each for a basic buffet.
All in all we did enjoy our trip in the end as we enjoyed just being away together, but we had just travelled from New York and Vegas and ironically the Hyatt Regency in Waikiki was the loudest hotel and with the most unhelpful staff compared to the others. I would recommend it only if you aren't looking for a relaxing Hawaii break- more of a city break.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience all the excitement of Waikiki from one incredible location. Steps from the azure blue waters and soft sands of Waikiki Beach, Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa offers magnificent personalized services and luxurious amenities including world-class dining, award-winning spa, interactive cultural activities, 24-hour fitness center, swimming pool overlooking the Pacific Ocean, and more than 60 on-site boutiques. The resort provides the perfect place for those who want to make the most of their island experience and connect with the heart of Hawaii. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, HotelPower, Agoda, Priceline, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort And Spa
- Hyatt Regency Honolulu
- Hyatt Honolulu
- Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa Hawaii/Honolulu