This hotel just didnt do it for me. We had stayed at the Sheraton the previous week before renting a house on the north shore so came back to Waikiki and had the Hyatt booked for our last 3 nights. To say it was a dissapointment is an understatement. For the money there was absolutely no comparison with the Sheraton and we really regretted our decision to "try something different"
The cost of the room was ridiculous when you compare the views between the 2 hotels and the facilities at the property. We had paid for a Deluxe Ocean View and the view was more city then ocean. A huge disappointment.
The lobby is a weird set up. You have to go to the 2nd level to check in. Not easy with bags and boards, etc. It had a very tired 70's style hawaiin timber decor to it. It wasnt horrible it just didnt cut it for the money.
Our room was comfortable. The bathroom has the bath and toilet seperate to the sink which is functional but this area was carpeted and the carpet was all dirty i suspect from makeup spills etc. Just felt a bit grotty to me.
The pool area is a huge let down. It is TINY. Did have a massage in the day spa. This was lovely. The happy hour cocktails were also a hit!
The location is OK being across from the Duke statue but this is very busy. It just didnt feel as resorty as the other property. Also of a night there was a lot of ladies of the night out and about on the corner of the hotel. This was a bit of a shock to me as previously to this, nowhere in Waikiki I had felt this seediness before so to be really in your face at the front of the hotel made me cringe. It just wasnt a pleasant place to finish our family holiday.
I think we had been too spoilt up the other end of Waikiki beach and so I clearly have a preference now! But you need to stay in a place to get a feel for it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Explore the excitement of Oahu in one of Hawaii's most fashionable zip codes. Just steps from renowned warm waters and spectacular views of Waikiki Beach, the property features newly remodeled guest rooms, an award-winning spa, retail shopping, cultural activities and cuisine from celebrated chefs. Close to Honolulu's most visited attractions, including the USS Arizona Memorial at Pearl Harbor, Iolani Palace and Diamond Head Crater, the hotel is the ideal solution for those who want it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hotwire, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, HotelTravel.com, getaroom.com, Orbitz and Jetsetter so you can book your Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort And Spa
- Hyatt Regency Honolulu
- Hyatt Honolulu
- Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa Hawaii/Honolulu