“Entertaining tour of Oahu”
Review of Oahu Spot Tours

Oahu Spot Tours
Ranked #16 of 332 Tours in Honolulu
More attraction details
Owner description: I provide private, personalized day tours on the island of Oahu. We would stop at scenic points, historical sites, great places to eat, interesting shops or wherever you might want to go.
Corpus Christi, Texas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Entertaining tour of Oahu”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

We booked a party of 5 for a 7 hour van tour with Ron who owns Oahu Spot Tours. Ron is very nice, personable, and knowledgeable of his home state Oahu. We had a very enjoyable day and I highly recommend Ron's tour company. This is the way to see Oahu. It is so much better, and cheaper, than the tour excursions offered by HAL, Norwegian, and other cruise lines. Ron picked us up at the pier by our cruise ship at the exact appointed time, and he returned us to the pier at the conclusion of our tour.

Visited April 2014

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Ok”
Reviewed May 16, 2014

This was our first time in Oahu and I spent a lot do time researching things to do. I came across Oahu spot tours which was recommended highly on tripadvisor. I emailed Ron and always got a quick response. I had emailed to say what experiences I would like myself and family to have prior to going and he said he could do these.
The actual day started earlier than originally planned which was ok. We had completed another half day tour previously that week with a larger tour company which was great and I learned a lot more from that tour than the tour with Ron. however I think the larger tour spoilt our tour with Oahu Spot Tours.
Ron did take us to the other parts of the island where we hadn't been on the previous tour but I think we mucked up his plans a little when we said we had been to the North Shore area. We would have gone back to experience some of the things we hadn't. I suppose Ron did the best he could showing us the south part of the island but for me there weren't any wow factors, I was expecting too much from the reviews and for the cost of the private tour I was expecting more. If you haven't been on a tour and you only have a day then it would be fine but we had saw more exciting things and learned more on the larger group tour.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank JoanneB692
“Amazing day”
Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

We spent the day with Ron, who is a very sociable guy. He knows a lot about the island and has many nice stories to tell.

He took us on a 6 hour ride, that covered all things we wanted to see. The few places that are also visited by packaged tours (because those were on our list) Ron beat the buses to it.

With a lot of background info, beautiful places and great lunch we couldn't have for more.

Ron if you read this thank you for a perfect day.

John and his hapai girl

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Gert-Jan v
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Amazing day ”
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Just got back from an amazing day with Ron.

Ron shared his life story with us and showed us a lot of the inside culture and story about the real Hawaii. We went to a macadamia plantation, passed the pineapple plantations, over to the north shore of the island, to Leonard's bakery and an awesome burrito shop.

Ron was lovely and very friendly, taking lots of photos of us and going with the flow. He answered all our questions about Hawaii including my boyfriends questions about American cars and road rules.

If we hadn't booked the day with Ron we never would have been able to see so much of Hawaii in such a short time.

Thanks again!!

2 Thank Jessika H
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a beautiful & personable tour!”
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

Well, we've just gotten back from our day tour with Ron & what a wonderful day it was! My family (consisting of my mum & dad.. Plus my sister, her husband & their 20month old son + my husband, myself & our 10month old daughter!) booked a holiday in Hawaii & the avid Trip Advisor user that I am, checked to see what the best activities were in Honolulu & words cannot express how glad I am that I did! Ron offers such a personable tour, not only did he show us the things we were interested in but he also took us to lots of places that we didn't even know existed! He took his time to let us have plenty of stops with the kids & still managed to show us a lot of the island as well as giving us a lot of information along the way! The food stops were wonderful, so with a belly full of delicious food & wonderful memories - my family stepped off his van with memories that will last a lifetime! Thank you Ron for showing us your beautiful island, for being so friendly & giving us such a lovely day! I would not hesitate recommending Ron & his tours... You will not regret it! Thanks again Ron! We all had a great day - kids included!

1 Thank Emmaw2110