“Worth every penny and children had a great time too!”
Review of Oahu Spot Tours

Oahu Spot Tours
Ranked #14 of 330 Tours in Honolulu
More attraction details
Owner description: I provide private, personalized day tours on the island of Oahu. We would stop at scenic points, historical sites, great places to eat, interesting shops or wherever you might want to go.
Melbourne
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Worth every penny and children had a great time too!”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

When I told my husband I had booked a private tour to take us round Oahu, and how much it cost, he wasn't very pleased. But at the end of the day he said it was absolutely brilliant and completely worth it. We have 2 smaller children and didn't want to take them on the huge tour buses with all the crowds. I also thought this would be a much more efficient way to see Oahu so we could spend the rest of the time relaxing. It was perfect. Apart from visiting all the great places other people have mentioned, because Ron is in a small van, he was able to spontaneously stop whenever we wanted. For example, a monk seal had come up to shore, so he stopped by the side of the road, while the large tour buses just whizzed past. A bit further along, 3 endangered turtles had appeared out of the water, and again Ron stopped so we could watch the spectacle. Not only this, Ron is such an easy going guy and as other people have mentioned, it felt like we had made a new friend by the end of the day (hello Ron, we love you!). My kids, who were complaining before we left, at the end said, "you're right mum, we had such a good day". That says it all. I am recommending Ron Wong to everyone I know who is going to Hawaii, and we will definitely be back to see him again.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Welltravelledlady

Oregon
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Our familys favorite day in Hawaii”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We were only on Oahu for 2 full days. We did the all day Pearl Harbor tour and a tour with Ron. We spent 10 days on the Big Island taking our kids hiking, snorkeling, to coffee plantations, and to see the glow of the volcano at night....all amazing. Our kids are ages 13 & 16. When we got home their grandparents asked...."what was your favorite day in Hawaii?". It was unanimous "our day with Ron". My husbands answer was the same. I found Ron on Trip advisor and thought his tour looked like the best way to see Oahu when we had so few days on the island. It was. Here is what is so special about Ron. Even after giving what I suspect is hundreds of tours....one would think he would tire. The passion and enthusiasm he exhibited for his island was as if we were his very first tour. He picks you up in his van with surf board in tow. Wherever we stopped the locals all smile and wave to him. It is like hanging out with your favorite Uncle or a very good friend. He asked us where we wanted to go......we let him lead the way. We were not disappointed. He made us laugh, took family photos for us, shared Hawaiian history, took us on eating adventures and to breath taking scenery. If you visit the fruit stand with him do not turn down drinking coconut water from a young coconut. We weren't going to get one as we had tried this before in Australia and didn't like it at all....the one we had with Ron in Hawaii was SO GOOD and the sweet little lady who sells them serves them nice and cold...very refreshing on a warm day in Hawaii. One of our best meals on vacation was hands down the shrimp plate from the shrimp truck Ron took us to. Our day ended with the Hawaiian version of "Somewhere over the rainbow" happening to play as we pulled up to our hotel. It was the perfect ending to a perfect day. A day our kids will always remember when they think of Hawaii. The Aloha spirit is alive and well in Ron. Mahalo Ron!

3 Thank Travelersoregon
rochester, mn
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“outstanding experience - a true local's perspective”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We found Ron through Tripadvisor. He is well deserving of his outstanding reviews. Before we arrived, he had asked me about what I might be interested in to tailor our trip, then gave us a tentative agenda prior to the visit. On the day of the tour, he picked us up and brought us to many wonderful places, including a fantastic lookout over Honolulu, a great bakery, a mac nut farm with souvenirs to purchase, a shrimp truck on the north shore, a wonderful fruit stand (mango, pineapple, dragonfruit, papaya - all sliced and chilled and ready to eat!) and along the east/north shore. He also highlighted areas that we can cover by our rental car to make the most of our trip later during the week.

Ron and his family has been in Hawaii for many years and he really provides an "insider's" look into Hawaii culture. He is honest, hardworking, and very thoughtful. He can really personalize the trip to meet your needs. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking to get the most of their trip to Oahu.

1 Thank senye
China Grove, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best way to see Oahu”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We visited Honolulu June 26-29th before we cruised the islands. I booked a tour with Ron for the 27th. It was by far the best tour I've ever experienced. The Trip Advisor reviews are spot on except he should be #1. He picked us (party of 6 with two being 16&17 year old girls) up from our motel and we started our morning with a stop at Leonard's Bakery for a quick delicious breakfast. He took us to some beautiful lookout spots that we would not have seen otherwise. As we headed to the North Shore, we had a great lunch at Kahuku Shrimp Fumis shrimp truck. It was funny because a friend that was with us said "I ain't eating from a truck" which he did and he loved it. Along the way, we stopped at Shark's Cove for some snorkeling. Ron jumped right in with us making the experience so much more enjoyable. Later, he took us for our first shaved ice experience. We past several locations with huge lines which I would never stand in before arriving at a spot with lot shorter lines but the shaved ice was delicious. He also stops at a roadside fruit stand. Make sure you take his advise on who to buy from. He recommends a PRECIOUS little lady with the BEST pineapple I have ever eaten and we ate ALOT of pineapple during our visit to Hawaii and none compared to hers.
The whole experience was like touring with a friend instead of a guide. Ron really does a great job helping plan what to see and what not to waste time on. After finding out my husband and his friend were Harley Davidson fans, Ron extended our tour time to take them to the Harley Davidson store.
The next day we did a group tour with another company to see Pearl Harbor. I wish we would have toured with Ron instead. Ron is not your typical tour guide. You can tell he truly loves what he is doing and loves the Island. We stopped at 4 ports during our cruise and at some point during each port we said "We need Ron". He is worth every penny.
The teenagers even had a great time. It was the only time touring the islands that they were NOT ready to go back to the room or cruise ship. He's great for all ages.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank StaciWiggins
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best Tour Ever”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Ron knows the entire island well. He listened to what we wanted to do, and was flexible throughout the day. It was anything but typical.

2 Thank SFfromDallas