“Best Tour Ever”
Review of Oahu Spot Tours

Oahu Spot Tours
Ranked #14 of 332 Tours in Honolulu
More attraction details
Owner description: I provide private, personalized day tours on the island of Oahu. We would stop at scenic points, historical sites, great places to eat, interesting shops or wherever you might want to go.
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best Tour Ever”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Ron knows the entire island well. He listened to what we wanted to do, and was flexible throughout the day. It was anything but typical.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank SFfromDallas

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“I cannot put into one sentence what Ron did for my family !!! We have done the helicopter ride and dolphins etc... even stayed ”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

If you truly want to enjoy your vacation in Oahu, then you MUST hire Ron. His incredible detail to customer service is rarely found these days in any business! As beautiful as this place is and all the wonderful things that we did, and we did everything first class, Ron's tour and his customer service and his attitude made our vacation a true slice of heaven! You must hire this man or you will truly miss out the BEST Oahu has to offer!

Visited June 2013
3 Thank Angus123456789
Tulsa, Oklahoma
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Friendly, efficient, and accommodating”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

My wife, her parents, and I booked a private tour with Ron for last Friday. He took us to some outstanding lookouts that I doubt we would have seen otherwise. In fact, on our tour to Pearl Harbor the next day, the driver stopped briefly at a lookout and said it was the best view on the island short of a helicopter tour. We knew better--the view Ron showed us the day before was even more stunning! In addition to the views, highlights included the pineapple and fruit stand--I don't even like pineapple, but this was amazing!--the most delicious fruit I've ever tasted. He also took us to an out-of-the-way macadamia nut store, and breakfast and lunch spots that locals frequent. (My only disappointment was with the fish--and also the atmosphere--at the lunch spot, a small, fresh seafood restaurant. Much of the fish taste was lost in the frying, and the restroom's cleanliness was on a par with that of a small-town Southern gas station. However, the rest of the tour far outweighed these issues; plus, as I pointed out to Ron, the fish tended to taste better the more of it you ate--and they did provide generous portions.) Ron has a great deal of knowledge about the island and its culture. He's patient, friendly, and will tailor the tour to your particular interests. His tour provided us the sort of taste (both figuratively and--especially with that pineapple!--literally) of the island that I doubt we would have obtained on one of the large package tours. He drove us to areas that were beautiful but undeveloped (some houses, but no hotels).

Visited June 2013
2 Thank FilmFan520
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Amazing! Wish we could give more than five stars!”
Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

This was our first time to Hawaii and we put our faith in the reviews, and he exceeded our greatest expectations! We enjoyed Ron almost as much as the amazing sites! By the end of the day, Ron was not only a guide but a good friend! Being a native Hawaiian, Ron was able to take us to parts of the island we would never have seen as a tourist!

There were six friends on this tour and we all thought this was the highlight of our trip! We missed having him along on the rest of our stay!

Thanks, Ron!!!!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Sheryl S
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrific personalized tour of Oahu by a surfer”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

This review is a few months late, but nevertheless is well deserved for Ron and Spot Tours.
First and foremost, this is probably the best tour I've ever been with on any vacation I've been on. Ron is the most down to earth and friendly tour guide I've met. It actually didn't even feel like a tour, it really felt like it was just 3 friends hanging out.

So the tour is actually a private, personalized experience, where you give all your input on what you want to see. Ron works with you, and plans the day based on your preferences (movie buffs, foodies, history buffs, photography fanatics, jumping off cliffs into the ocean, etc). It's a private tour, meaning you and your peeps are the only people riding with Ron, so you ultimately decide what you want to see and do, and how long you want to stay at each location.

Ron knew the best spots for picture taking, and frequently volunteered to help take photos for us! He's also pretty knowledgeable. Ok so fine, alot of the historical facts...anyone can google it up...but there were alot of little bits of local facts that he was able to add in, that kept it very interesting. When he took us to the shrimp truck, he even gave me 2 of his shrimps and his corn on the cob! (He probably saw me enjoying the food too much!)

Oh and yeah, his Mercedes Benz bus is the bomb diggity. It's very clean and comfortable, and Ron has a great taste in music.

Ron if you happen to see this, here's a Hello! from your buddies Chuin & Faye (the super chill chinese couple from NY). I actually have quite a few photos to share, but I haven't pulled them out of the memory card yet.

Visited April 2013