“Everything for the price of nothing!”
Review of Oahu Spot Tours

Oahu Spot Tours
Ranked #2 of 28 Food & Drink in Honolulu
More attraction details
Owner description: I provide private, personalized day tours on the island of Oahu. We would stop at scenic points, historical sites, great places to eat, interesting shops or wherever you might want to go.
Reviewed August 11, 2012

My husband and I were on our honeymoon and needed a last minute ride to shark diving. They called Ron up and he picked us up early and took us to breakfast! His ride included sightseeing, great music, comfortable seating, and great hospitality. All we needed was a ride and we got a whole tour! I would recommend Spot Tours to anyone and everyone. Ron is super accomodating, friendly, out-going and full of information about the island. Thanks Ron!

Reviewed August 6, 2012

We booked a full day tour with Ron for us and two of our grown up children, we had the large comfortable Mercedes van to ourselves. Ron gave us the full guided tour of Oahu, all the usual sightseeing spots but then some secret Hawaiin destinations that we would not have been lucky enough to see without his extensive knowledge. Ron has myriad stories he recounts along the way and because he knows "everyone" there was plenty to share.He took us to a lookout way above the city and it must be a well kept secret because there was no one there but us, the most amazing view!
The wonderful advantage of our day with him was that he had a plan for us but within that plan there was a huge amount of flexibility, we asked to do something and right away we were off to do it.
This is all about having a private driver, someone with the knowledge to either get you where you want to go or get you everywhere you never knew you could go!
Fantastic, not cheap, but in our opinion worth every cent, thanks Ron, we had a fabulous experience with you and we will never forget it.
If you don't like big, overcrowded buses with recorded, impersonal dialogue then this is the tour for you!

4  Thank Vivien55
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I rang Ron while in Oahu a few weeks ago and he was most accomodating. He was happy to take us wherever we wanted to go. He arrived early in his very clean comfortable van and was cheerful given the early hour. He took us to a great bakery for breakfast and we got going. We went to some amazing places including an ancient place of worship you won't find on any big bus tour. Our group was fourtunate enough to board an authentic outrigger and talk to the crew who are about to sail her around the world. Ron is a fountain of knowledge who is happy to share his love of the islands with you. My husband is a big Magnum PI fan and Ron took us to where his house in the series was and took photos of the property. You get to go where YOU want to go you tell Ron how many hours you have and he will fill them with interesting moments and smiles. We saw so many things ending with the most amazing view of Waikiki that took us up a road no bus would ever have a hope of geting up. So if you want a tour where you are shuffled off and on a bus with hundreds of other people with a garbled voice over a speaker talking in a monotone with no emotion dont bok Ron if however you want a tailor made tour with a host who actually cares about the impression you leave the islands with then book Oahu spot tours quick smart. My only problem is if I tell you all how good Ron is I wont be able to book him next time we are in Oahu. Thanks Ron my kids are still talking about you!

4  Thank Sprintmum
Reviewed August 4, 2012

My family and I stayed in Maui and flew to Oahu on 7/26/12 for just a day. Ron picked us up at the airport and took us to Pearl Harbor. When we were done he picked us back up and drove us around Oahu until our flight back. He was so friendly and very informative about the history of the island. My 7 year old daughter said "Ron is not our driver, he's like a family friend". And she was so right, he treated us like family and we felt that comfortable with him. My husband is generally very quiet and doesn't talk much to people he doesn't know. They hit it off so well and he said that was one of his favorite parts about our trip! It was so sweet of him to insist on stopping for a shaved ice for my daughter. He took us to a local mom and pop restaurant for lunch and it was awesome! He made sure we were back in time for our flight in plenty of time. Thanks, Ron. You were wonderful.

1  Thank Leah0203
Reviewed July 29, 2012

I booked a private one day tour of Oahu with Ron about 6 months ago when we were planning our family vacation to Kauai. We decided to book with Ron after reading all the excellent reviews on Trip Advisor and speaking with him on the phone. We arrived on 7/25/2012 at 7:30am from Kauai and Ron was promptly waiting for us at baggage claim. There were 8 of us and Ron's van was perfect, comfortable and clean. We really wanted to visit the USS Arizona Memorial so Ron took us straight from the airport so we can get the free tickets for the ferry. Our tickets were for 11:15am so we stayed at Pearl Habor area until we finished visiting USS Arizona Memorial at 12:30pm. Ron was again promptly waiting for us and off we go for a quick to-go lunch in his van. We only have less than 6 hours to tour the whole island of Oahu before we fly back to Kauai on the 7:30pm flight.

Ron took us from the airport area up the west coast, came around north, east coast, through one of the three tunnels, waikiki beach, downtown and diamond head lookout. Ron stopped at one of the beaches so we can watch the surfers in action. We have never seen so many surfers in person. We got to see the pipelineapple fields, macadamia nut farm, Laie Point, Pali Lookout (got to checkout the wind tunnel), Diamondhead Lookout (view of the whole city). As if that wasn't enough, Ron sealed the deal with a stop at Leonard's bakery for some malasadas. We got 6 plain sugar and 6 cinnamon-sugar. They are like doughnuts without a whole and better. They were hot and fresh and you can't just eat one!!

Our family was very pleased with Ron and it is not easy to please a group that ranges in age from 8-70 years. Ron was very attentive to us and even got a bag of macadamia nut popcorns for my 8-year-old nephew who was napping when we visited the macadamia nut farm.

I would highly recommend booking a tour with Ron when you are in Oahu. The tour was better than we could have imagined or planned. We will be back and Ron will be the man to call.

2  Thank Formosa_PHD