“Best way to see the island in one day”

Oahu Grand Circle Island Tour
Oahu Grand Circle Island Day Tour with Dole Plantation
Ranked #70 of 335 Tours in Honolulu
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Whether you’re a first-time visitor or a seasoned vacationer, this is the perfect way to experience Oahu’s most scenic sights. From Diamond Head Crater along the southern coast to the famous surfing beaches of the North Shore, you’ll take in a landscape that includes lush mountains and sparkling, turquoise waters. You’ll also learn about the unique culture and history of Oahu through tour narration and along the way you’ll stop at some fascinating locales.At an altitude of 1,186 feet, the Nuuanu Pali Lookout offers unparalleled views of Oahu’s southern coast. On a clear day you might see Diamond Head Crater and Chinaman’s Hat off in the distance. You’ll also have the opportunity to view these natural landmarks from a closer vantage point along with the Halona “Blow Hole” and other breathtaking scenery along your journey.
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Very interesting and entertaining, our driver/guide Garfield is the best. The tour can be enjoyed by any age group 8+, I would say. Lot's of stuff to see and learn, impossible to do it yourselves without a good guide.

2  Thank torontasha
There are newer reviews for Oahu Grand Circle Island Tour

Reviewed May 17, 2013

I was not real enthusiastic about this tour because there were so many stops during an aprox 4 hr. bus trip. We had 10-15 min at each stop with 45 min lunch at a wonderful ranch restaurant.
"Cousin" James was our driver and sooo much more. He was very informative and full of fun with all of us. At the beginning of our trip he had a "talk" with us about "timing" - if we abused it, then he would not have time to stop at some of the sights. So, it was up to us. We all agreed, and we all did well - believe me, I appreciated this "talk" due to another bus tour without that "talk". Another thing that helped him and made it more fun for us, was assigning us kuleana (koo-lay-a-na = responsibility). This way we at least met the people to the side of us and in front of us. So, after each site, we checked if our kuleanas were there - if not we told Cousin James.
James would tell us stories/legends about areas that we were passing and was not a stop, but thought we would enjoy knowing. I don't know how we could have had a better driver/tour guide.
We booked thru the OahuGoCard, but the bus was from Robert's Hawaii which also do bookings. They pick you up and drop you off at your hotel.
If I was to go again, I would try to get Cousin James again.

5  Thank mammar00
Reviewed May 13, 2013

This was a brilliant trip as we saw parts of the island we would not have otherwise seen. The driver was excellent, he made the trip so relaxed and got everyone mixing which was great. He certainly displayed the Aloha spirit! We stopped for lunch at a ranch and the food was very good with lots to choose from and reasonably priced. We a,so stopped at a couple of shops and had free samples of macadamia nuts and island coffee but most items are cheaper in the ABC stores in Honolulu and Lahaina.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

We were booked to do a circle island tour with the company Enoa, they didn't even pick us up.... We waited 1 hour! I would give it a 0

3  Thank nattom5
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We booked this thru our GoOahuCard and enjoyed every minute of it. Greg, our driver, was just full of funny stories and information and made this tour a real pleasure. We didn't rent a car because the bus system in Honolulu is both convenient and so easy to use so this tour afforded us a look around the island outside of Honolulu without having to drive to all these places ourselves. It was even nicer because I am the one that always does the driving and I miss so much because I have to concentrate on the road, especially in unfamiliar territory so it was nice to just sit back on a beautiful, air-conditioned bus and leave the driving and narrating to someone else while I just snap pictures and take in all the beautiful views. We had wait for the tour bus a few blocks from our hotel and when Greg picked us up, he asked where we were staying and then told us he would drop us off at another stop he had to make that was literally on the corner of where our hotel was. Really appreciated him doing that as we had walked so much during this trip to Honolulu. I would definitely do this trip again if I ever return to Honolulu as I am sure there are things I missed the first time. I'll be sure to ask for Greg next time too as he is the best!!!!

3  Thank 3543Anne