“Not to be missed!”

Beautiful Hawaii Photo Tour
Ranked #2 of 327 Tours in Honolulu
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Don't just visit O'ahu, get focused and capture it with O'ahu Photography Tours! Book 2 or more tours directly with us and save 15%. Use discount code "OPTTA" when booking one tour on our website. O'ahu Photography Tours is a great tour for anyone wanting to learn or acquire more experience with outdoor photography. Oahu has an endless amount of beautiful locations to photograph just around the corner. We take our guests on a great adventure in finding the most photogenic locations on the day of your tour. From amazing sunrises to beautiful sunsets we get you to those iconic tropical spots allowing you to try out your artistic side and discover for yourself how fun and spectacular outdoor photography can be. With whatever you happen to be photographing, whether it be waterfalls, monk seals, ancient sites, amazing lookouts, breathtaking rainbows, reflective tide pools, barreling waves, or just the ever amazing rising and setting of the sun, you will be amazed at the photos you get with Oahu Photography Tours.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Not to be missed!”
Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

Awesome trip, they delivered far more than was promised. This should be you first stop on the island.

2 Thank Charles B

• Korean first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Hawaii in a Hurricane”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

When I first booked my photography tour I was expecting an amazing sunrise experience and the typical Hawaii tour with lots of palm trees and beaches but unfortunately the forecast didn't want to give us that experience and we were faced with the first Hurricane the state had experienced in quite a few years. Alex was still keen to go out so we braved the weather and ended up having a great time, chasing the big waves and experiencing crazy windy, rainy weather which certainly was a lot different to what I expected. We were thoroughly entertained by Alex's history lesson of Hawaii and we managed to get some great shots of the island and the surfers braving the waves. I was so happy I decided to still go as I enjoyed myself immensely and got some great photography tips along the way.

2 Thank Katie M
Houston, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Family Photography Tour”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

We did a family tour at sunset with Chris and it was amazing! He took us to a number of great locations - most of which you would struggle to find on your own as they are off the beaten path. We had the opportunity to get pictures of waterfalls, ocean cliffs, mountains and the sunset. All four of us were relatively new to our cameras and Chris was happy to provide suggestions on shooting modes, light metering, etc. The company also supplied tripods and rain gear. This experience was fantastic and I would highly recommend it to anyone visiting Oahu.

1 Thank Jamie M
San Antonio, Texas
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Wonderful morning tour”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our Sunrise Tour with Alex. Most of us had iPhones and were able to take some amazing photographs! Those with "real" cameras learned how to use them like a pro. We have been able to capture some gorgeous photos on the Big Island using our new camera skills.
In addition, Alex is very knowledgable about Oahu and has some great stories to tell. This tour is a must if you want to see the real beauty of Oahu outside of Waikiki.

1 Thank Allen_1961
Park City, UT
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 106 helpful votes
“Loved This Tour!!!!”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

When I saw there was a tour that took you to picturesque Hawaiian locations AND taught you how to take the best pics, I was in! I don’t typically do tours…I am NOT a morning person and waking up for a 5:00AM tour is not my idea of fun. Luckily my body hadn't adjusted to the time change yet. But what a fun, memorable, educational (in a GOOD way) tour! We went on the sunrise tour on 7/29 (I dragged my husband along), with Chris Couillard as our guide.

I love to take pictures but am an amateur at best! I have a good camera and don’t know how to use most of the manual settings but was anxious to learn all I could. And my husband brought his iPhone. Chris readily answered all of my questions (and I had A LOT), helped set up my camera and gave additional hints for taking interesting photos. He spent that time with EVERYONE in our group. He was truly outstanding! His knowledge of photography is extensive. Regardless of the type of equipment, Chris provided detailed assistance on how to set up and take the best shots. On top of that, he had wonderful stories (ask him about his hiking adventures!) and historical perspectives about the island (ask him about Pearl Harbor – a real expert!). Lastly, he even provided helpful tips on post-processing for photos and assisted me with an example (when I was at home). My husband wouldn’t stop talking about what he had learned and how good his pictures turned out! :) Chris’ knowledge, enthusiasm, and patience were exceptional and made this a trip to remember.

Take a tour with Oahu Photography! If you like taking cool pics, seeing wonderful sites and learning about the island, this tour has it all! Wish I could’ve taken another!

Visited July 2014