“Family Photography Tour”

$83.72*
Golden Sunrise Photo Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Don't just visit O'ahu, get focused and capture it with O'ahu Photography Tours! O'ahu Photography Tours is a great tour for anyone wanting to learn or acquire more experience with outdoor photography. Oahu has an endless amount of beautiful locations to photograph just around the corner. We take our guests on a great adventure in finding the most photogenic locations on the day of your tour. From amazing sunrises to beautiful sunsets we get you to those iconic tropical spots allowing you to try out your artistic side and discover for yourself how fun and spectacular outdoor photography can be. With whatever you happen to be photographing, whether it be waterfalls, monk seals, ancient sites, amazing lookouts, breathtaking rainbows, reflective tide pools, barreling waves, or just the ever amazing rising and setting of the sun, you will be amazed at the photos you get with Oahu Photography Tours.
Reviewed August 10, 2014

We did a family tour at sunset with Chris and it was amazing! He took us to a number of great locations - most of which you would struggle to find on your own as they are off the beaten path. We had the opportunity to get pictures of waterfalls, ocean cliffs, mountains and the sunset. All four of us were relatively new to our cameras and Chris was happy to provide suggestions on shooting modes, light metering, etc. The company also supplied tripods and rain gear. This experience was fantastic and I would highly recommend it to anyone visiting Oahu.

1  Thank Jamie M
Write a ReviewReviews (1,355)

Reviewed August 10, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our Sunrise Tour with Alex. Most of us had iPhones and were able to take some amazing photographs! Those with "real" cameras learned how to use them like a pro. We have been able to capture some gorgeous photos on the Big Island using our new camera skills.
In addition, Alex is very knowledgable about Oahu and has some great stories to tell. This tour is a must if you want to see the real beauty of Oahu outside of Waikiki.

1  Thank Allen_1961
Reviewed August 5, 2014

When I saw there was a tour that took you to picturesque Hawaiian locations AND taught you how to take the best pics, I was in! I don’t typically do tours…I am NOT a morning person and waking up for a 5:00AM tour is not my idea of fun. Luckily my body hadn't adjusted to the time change yet. But what a fun, memorable, educational (in a GOOD way) tour! We went on the sunrise tour on 7/29 (I dragged my husband along), with Chris Couillard as our guide.

I love to take pictures but am an amateur at best! I have a good camera and don’t know how to use most of the manual settings but was anxious to learn all I could. And my husband brought his iPhone. Chris readily answered all of my questions (and I had A LOT), helped set up my camera and gave additional hints for taking interesting photos. He spent that time with EVERYONE in our group. He was truly outstanding! His knowledge of photography is extensive. Regardless of the type of equipment, Chris provided detailed assistance on how to set up and take the best shots. On top of that, he had wonderful stories (ask him about his hiking adventures!) and historical perspectives about the island (ask him about Pearl Harbor – a real expert!). Lastly, he even provided helpful tips on post-processing for photos and assisted me with an example (when I was at home). My husband wouldn’t stop talking about what he had learned and how good his pictures turned out! :) Chris’ knowledge, enthusiasm, and patience were exceptional and made this a trip to remember.

Take a tour with Oahu Photography! If you like taking cool pics, seeing wonderful sites and learning about the island, this tour has it all! Wish I could’ve taken another!

5  Thank parkcitygal
Reviewed August 5, 2014

We can't speakly highly enough of the two tours we did with Oahu Photography Tours. They were both fantastic and we would highly recommend them. We did the all day tour with Alex with 6 other people. Alex picked us up from the hotel promptly and throughout the day gave us some very interesting commentary and of course photoghraphic tips and suggestions. We felt that the tours were more personal and we were taken to places that we would never have seen otherwise. The tripods wer helpful as well. The second tour was the sunset tour with Chris. We really enjoyed this tour in particular and we loved the spots that Chris took us to, especially sandy beach and china wall. Chris was very interesting as well and gave us some helpful photography tips. Even though the weather started out wet, the sunset was spectacular. Both Alex and Chris have extensive photography knowledge and experience. Thank you Oahu Photography.

1  Thank BlueMountains72
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Regardless of whether you are a photography guru or a complete novice like myself, this was by far the best thing we could have done as a family to fully experience the majestic island of Oahu! From the minute Alex picked us up promptly at our hotel @ 5:00AM to 3:00PM drop off, we never felt like tourists at any given moment, but on a once in a lifetime, true adventure! The four of us (my husband, Tyler 14 and Ryan 12) made the smart decision to book with OPT the first day of our trip allowing us not to feel the pain of waking at 4:00AM; which was really 7:00AM . As mom, I often I find myself the activities planner, director and counselor on our vacations so the pressure was on not to disappoint. All this was taken care of with Oahu Photography Tour!! We would have never known to visit all the cool stops and off-the-beaten-path-attractions Alex transported us to if we had gone on our own. Yes, perhaps less expensive, but worth it since several days were basically packed into one. Alex helped with the smooth sailing in so many ways, such as having the inside scoop on what times were less crowded at the most scenic spots, which sites were the most beautiful and pristine, and which foodie stops were the most delicious in all of Oahu! Oh yes, did I mention we were on a photography tour?! Alex stepped in at just the right moments to help us when needed in this area. I learned some new cool tips with my iphone camera, my husband was well satisfied with Alex's depth of knowledge and passion using his Nikon D40, my teen age son Tyler was happy to learn some cool tricks using his newly minted Canon A1400. Thank you Alex for sharing your plethora of knowledge and passion for Hawaii and her history...and keeping it fresh and new! We will definitely see you again on our next trip!

3  Thank Joan S