Open today: 4:30 AM - 10:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Oahu Photography Tours tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Oahu Photography Tours
from $167.49
from $124.95
from $94.19
from $73.25
1,530 results
All reviews sunrise tour camera settings great shots great tour photo tips love photography small group beautiful hawaii amazing photos photography skills professional photographer circle island beautiful sunrise highly recommend this tour taking photos his knowledge skill level
Reviewed 3 days ago

From the moment of our booking and following up with De-Jay we could not have asked for more. His communication and willingness to ensure the tour and camera /photography education was completely tailored to our needs was exceptional. We were picked up on time, orientated to the car, cold water provided, told how the day would flow etc to make sure we were on the same page. Nothing was a hassle. We laughed, we saw amazing places, had a great lunch and learnt heaps about our camera, lighting and photography in general from a super enthusiastic, polite, delightful gentleman. Truly we could not fault this tour or De-Jay and would willingly do another tour with him. Thanks De-Jay, you’re a gem.

1  Thank Nalpick
De-Jay_Hanssen, Manager at Oahu Photography Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 2 days ago

Aloha,
First off I would like to thank you for such an amazing review you have left us. I can tell you for a fact that I had an absolute blast with you guys on the tour and it will always stick out in my mind. Your guys' enthusiasm was contagious and it was fun helping you learn about the camera and show you this place I have come to call my home. I really hope that you stay in touch and keep us in mind if you ever return to Hawaii. I also hope that the rest of your vacation was just as fun.

Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

What an amazing time I had. I strongly suggest this tour on the day after your arrival! DJ was SO knowledgeable about the area and gave so much information an suggestions that I am very comfortable driving around and stopping at places I would not have known about had it not been for him. Great time and he gave some valuable information about my cell phone camera and programs to enhance my photos. JUST GO!

Aloha,
Thank you for sharing your experience in this review of your tour with us. I really had a fun time laughing and sharing stories with you! I am glad that I could help you with your camera and your phone. I look forward to seeing more of your pictures and please stay in touch! Let us know when you come back to Hawaii so we can do this again!

Reviewed 6 days ago

One of the best tours I have ever taken. The scenery was amazing and the Alex taught us how to get the best pictures from our cameras. Not only did we see the sights,but we were given historical background, information about the geology and a general overview of the island. Not just a photography tour, but an all around tour about Hawaii.

1  Thank Jack C
De-Jay H, Manager at Oahu Photography Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 6 days ago

Aloha,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us. Alex really knows how to put on a great tour and help get the most out of each camera or phone. His knowledge about the island is amazing and he really has a passion about sharing it with each of our guests. We really try to offer more then just a photographic tour to our guests, but an all inclusive tour that all can enjoy regardless of them not being a photographer or pro, just as you said. Thank you again and we hope to see you again on your next trip!

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We travel to Hawaii every year for the last three decades. We try to do something different each time. This tour is very good especially if you are a photographer.

We went to places we had not been before. The visits were well timed for lack of crowds and light for photos. Alex helped me understand my newish mirrorless camera and gave me some great tips.

A fun relaxed day out.

Aloha,
Thank you for your amazing review of your trip with us. That is really cool that you come to Hawaii every year, do you go to different islands each time? We are trying to offer private tours to other island soon as well. Alex is spearheaded this and is going to kill it for sure. We hope that you keep us in mind next year and the following years as well so we can all hang out together again!

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Our guide Alex was amazing!! He was very helpful and provided interesting facts about each place we visited. I thought the sites we visited were well thought out and we caught the sunset at a amazing location to end the night. Thanks!

Aloha,
Alex is truly a one of a kind guide with tons of knowledge and photographic experience to really maximize your tour and, hopefully, the rest of your trip. The routes are planned to offer the best timing from traffic and too many other people. Thank you so much for your review and keep us in mind on your next trip!

Mahao

Reviewed 1 week ago

Even pouring rain didn't stop Dee-Jay from taking me on my tour. Other participants cancelled out, but Dee-Jay still took me to Haleiwa, Byodo Temple, and various other locations on the North Shore. The rain showed the island in a completely different light. We saw beautiful waterfalls from the H3, a sea lion on the beach and parts of the North Shore I've never seen before. This is my fourth tour with this company. Like last time, I ended up with unique and stunning photos. Mahalo!

1  Thank Ela F

Aloha,
I had such a blast with you on that tour! The other couple really missed out on the day that we had today. I am glad that we were able to customize the tour around the storm the best we could and still got some epic shots and had a lot of laughs! Thank you so much for trusting me with another tour, it was so nice to see you again after your tour last year. I hope you get the most out of the editing app I showed you as well! You have a great eye for pictures and think you will do great!

Reviewed 1 week ago

This trip was a Highlight of our Hawaii Holiday. We chose the Circle Island Sunrise Tour and thanks so much to Alex for your extremely entertaining dialogue all the way round plus your excellent photographic tips. I highly recommend this fun and informative Photo Tour and the many others that they have to offer. Mahalo from, Suze and Family.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
De-Jay_Hanssen, Manager at Oahu Photography Tours, responded to this reviewResponded yesterday

Aloha Suze,
Thank you for writing a review about your experience with us. I am glad that you had a blast with Alex on the tour, he never ceases to pull out all the stops when it comes to the tours that he gives. He has a knack for taking you out as your guide, and returning as your friend. We hope that you come back and see us again!

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

This was my second time to take a tour with this company. The first time was in 2013 and was a sunrise tour. This time I did a sunset tour. This is by far the best photo tour I have ever taken. I take a photo tour wherever I go and believe me, Alex goes far and above what other tours do. He will help with your camera settings, giving recommendations on filters and such. He will even help with your smart phone and give great tips! I took photos with both my camera and my iPhone and have amazing photos to remember. He takes you to places you will never find on your own. And as a side note, my elderly mother was with me and wanted to go along even though she can barely get around. Alex had a stool to help her out of the van and looked out for her and suggested when and where she should try going (meaning when we need to go to a higher or lower area). Alex also gives us a tour as we are going along and tells us about the local culture. Way better than any other tour. He is super fun and very knowledgeable about photography.

Aloha Roy,
Thank you for joining us back in 2013 and we are glad that you enjoyed the tour so much that you decided to join us again for a second one. The fact that you have been on several tours around the world and we are at the top of your list for the ones that you have been on. Alex has been doing this since 2011 and has had a lot of time to perfect his craft and his company. We have spent countless hours polishing our tours and everything about our services so that we can accommodate people of all photography levels and physical levels. I hope that your vacation was as good as the tour, and that you stay in touch. Let us know when you come back so we can do a third tour!

Reviewed 1 week ago

Excellent tour and additional knowledge of landscape photography. Good for solo female traveller like me who cannot drive, this tour is recommended, being in great places, good conversation and photography tips.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
De-Jay H, Manager at Oahu Photography Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Aloha,
Thank you for your amazing review of your experience with our tour. We offer a highly fun, safe, and comfortable environment for all to join us and really make the most out of every moment. We hope to see you again in the future! Thank you again!

Reviewed 1 week ago

I went on the beautiful oahu tour. It was perfect just the right length of time. Fantastic photo opportunities and I learnt alot about composition. Our tour guide was really lovely approchable and shared alot of helpful information. I will definitely be doing another tour with this company next time I am in Oahu.

Aloha,
Thank you for joining us on our Beautiful Hawaii Tour. We plan for this tour to start mid morning and end mid afternoon so everyone has the chance to sleep in and get back in time to get ready for a night out. Thank you so much for the review, it means a lot to us that you shared your experience with others. We look forward to seeing you back in Hawaii and our next tour together!