“Must do on Oahu.”

Epic Island Sunset Tour
Ranked #2 of 332 Tours in Honolulu
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Don't just visit O'ahu, get focused and capture it with O'ahu Photography Tours! Book 2 or more tours directly with us and save 15%. Use discount code "OPTTA" when booking one tour on our website. O'ahu Photography Tours is a great tour for anyone wanting to learn or acquire more experience with outdoor photography. Oahu has an endless amount of beautiful locations to photograph just around the corner. We take our guests on a great adventure in finding the most photogenic locations on the day of your tour. From amazing sunrises to beautiful sunsets we get you to those iconic tropical spots allowing you to try out your artistic side and discover for yourself how fun and spectacular outdoor photography can be. With whatever you happen to be photographing, whether it be waterfalls, monk seals, ancient sites, amazing lookouts, breathtaking rainbows, reflective tide pools, barreling waves, or just the ever amazing rising and setting of the sun, you will be amazed at the photos you get with Oahu Photography Tours.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Must do on Oahu.”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

After seeing reviews on Trip Advisor I was looking forward to this tour. This being my first trip to Hawaii, Aex did not disappoint. My friends & I did the sunrise tour, I enjoyed every moment & have some beautiful photos to remind me of my first trip in Hawaii. Alex helped with camera settings and how to frame the shots and took us to some of the most gorgeous spots that we would have never found on our own. As a tour guide he is very knowledgable & happy to answer questions. Remember to pack the sunscreen & have fun. Thanks Alex, I'll be back to do sunset next trip.

2 Thank ChristieW28

• Korean first
New York City, New York
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Full day tour recommended!”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

This tour was the reason I wanted to come to Hawaii because I knew this would be different from the generic tours offered and I’m a big fan of photography but I am in no means a professional.

We were called by Alex when he arrived since I was rushing to find something at that point but anyway, we were the first to get in the van and we picked up a few others on the way. Went to Makapu’u lookout and saw the most amazing sunrise! Great way to start our vacation! We stopped at the Kalapawai Market where we got a quick breakfast. Yummy! After that we went to Kualoa Regional Park, Chinamen’s Hat, and then off to see the Pipeline, world class waves. Next was seeing sea turtles and a sleeping seal by Laniakea Beach. Finally we went to Liliuokulani Botanical Garden to see the waterfalls but be sure to use bug spray because I was a feast for the mosquitoes!!

Alex is quite knowledgeable about Hawaiian culture/history. He helped me choose the right settings as well if needed. Seeing the different parts of Oahu was amazing! The beaches and the landscape are beautiful! I wouldn’t have gone to these places otherwise without this tour. I would suggest going to this tour first then if you have a car, revisit the places you loved!

1 Thank bubblingtruth
Hillsboro, Texas, Usa
“NO REGRETS!!!!”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I spent the day with Alex and as my title states... No Regrets. I would highly suggest to anyone that want to truly see Oahu to book a tour with Alex.

Being on the older side he tailored my tour to fix my abilities physically and was always near to answer any question no matter how lame it was...

The growth I have had in skills is beyond any expectation. But what I found truly wonderful, was if I knew something and he didn't, he listen and did not dismissed my knowledge. It was such a joy to share and learn. So in essence it does matter if you are seasoned or have a point and shot, MONEY WELL SPENT...

Oh, by the way Alex.... We'll be back

Dana Harvey
Hillsboro Tx

Burlington, Canada
“A very enjoyable morning!!”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Alex was great. He left your alone to take your pics and yet would help and answer any questions you throw at him. I am an amateur, whereas my wife is much more experienced, and we both really enjoyed the trip. Pick his brain about the local culture and history.....he knows a lot about it!!!

New York City, New York
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Amazing Tour”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

You start by getting picked up at your hotel, by your tour guide, Alex. The tour for us, started at 5:15 AM. This is insanely early, but after you get to see the sunrise, it is well worth it. The sky was amazing. I have never seen the sky so red. You are brought to a lookout to view this and take pictures of the sky, the water.etc. After this, you are take to various other beaches, lookouts and other photo worthy places. You get amazing views and amazing pictures. It was an all day tour, it ended about 3pm. During the week, I believe it is half day tours.

Alex was an awesome tour guide. In addition to taking you to the right places, he also is very informative, as he fills you in on some of the history of the island. He is very insightful and also very easy to talk to. In addition, if you are unsure of how to use your camera, he helps you out. He knows what settings to use, provides tripods, and even offers suggestions as to what pictures you can take.

This was our first trip to Honolulu *my gf and I* and this tour was perfect. We got to see a lot of different things, ie, a seal washed up on shore, two giant turtles on the shore, and we would not have gotten to see them if we didn't do this tour. Plus we will always have the memories on our great photos.

I am sure Alex must get tired of repeating the same information every day/week and going to the same spots for pictures, but you couldn't tell by his demeanor. He loves his job and is very good at it. If you are visiting Honolulu for the first time or visiting again, you have to book this tour. What you get to see and learn is well worth waking up so dang early.