“Ohau Photography Tours a personal, friendly guide takes you places to get "REAL" pics that absolutely will ROCK!”

Oahu Photography Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$73.25*
and up
Beautiful Hawaii Photo Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Don't just visit O'ahu, get focused and capture it with O'ahu Photography Tours! O'ahu Photography Tours is a great tour for anyone wanting to learn or acquire more experience with outdoor photography. Oahu has an endless amount of beautiful locations to photograph just around the corner. We take our guests on a great adventure in finding the most photogenic locations on the day of your tour. From amazing sunrises to beautiful sunsets we get you to those iconic tropical spots allowing you to try out your artistic side and discover for yourself how fun and spectacular outdoor photography can be. With whatever you happen to be photographing, whether it be waterfalls, monk seals, ancient sites, amazing lookouts, breathtaking rainbows, reflective tide pools, barreling waves, or just the ever amazing rising and setting of the sun, you will be amazed at the photos you get with Oahu Photography Tours.
Reviewed October 27, 2012

What can we say? Alex rocked! So much so, we did both the sunset tour, and then the sunrise full day tour back to back! And I admit, as I write this review, I'm trying to work in the moon tour before we leave.

His knowledge on island places of interest sprinkled in with a few timely facts while we drove from the various points added to the experience - but WOW! The photos are great thanks to Alex! More importantly, his genuine knowledge and passion for the island and photography is sooooo evident at the very first stop. In fact, my only regret, is I didn't book our two tours with him sooner at the beginning of our trip because we had to "suffer" through the first few days seeing great sites on our own and with one of the "big" tour bus companies, but wound up with mediocre pictures at best. There is a HUGE difference in pictures before and after Alex! Thank you Alex!

His genuine knowledge in both of helping us figure out all the buttons on our cameras and lighting, balance, color, etc with photography, and yes, even my wife's inexpensive WalMart camera brought just for the photography tour, made each and every spot we stopped at with Alex, made we ametuer tourists take pics like world-class pros.

The best part, is Alex took us to some "secret" spots tucked in areas secluded you wouldn't even know they were there while a few others he took us to were in fact "normal" tourist stops, but his knowledge of "how" to set the photo up based on the location, lighting, etc, for each loactio was simply awesome!

The worst problem, is now sorting through soooo many awesome pics!

In fact, after returning from the full day sunrise island tour, all we did was sit in the hotel hot tub over looking the beach, and with palm trees, waterfalls, etc counted a minimum of TWENTY places to get killer shots there without ever even seeing them before Alex (though we've been there multiple times).

And yes, the irony, we did an island tour with one of the big companies after Alex, and didn't like it all. We didn't like only having a literal 5 to 7 minutes off the bus with a bus driver who spurted out a few facts and attempted to babysit 24 adults, and literally no knowledge of photography, etc., so, it was up to us to hike in to somehwere and take the photo when lighting could be terrible, or photo conditions.

All we can say, is that Alex did a fantastic job and the tour a must if you want memories, AND great photos. It's worth every penny : )

Matt and Tami (Colorado)

Write a ReviewReviews (1,367)

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Alex was a first class tour guide. Friendly, charismatic, thoughtful and knowledgable on all things photography.
If you're a novice or a pro this tour is good way to relax and have an easy day doing what you should be doing in Oahu, taking it easy and taking photos.

Cheers Alex, From Jerry in Australia.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

All those reviews can't be wrong, and nor are they. For the first time I dragged my wife along on an early-start photo tour, and she loved it too! The weather could have been a bit more cooperative - we had the vog - but nonetheless Alex knew where to take us to show us the best opportunities for photography (and for breakfast!). Not only that, but he was a wealth of information about the things we were seeing, and answered all my questions (which I admit tended more to the cultural/political/ historical than photographic!) willingly. he can do as well as teach, as his pictures in the Ilikai time-share offices show. Many photo tours offer much less for much more money. Alex deserves his top spot in Oahu.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Alex is the Nike of the Tour World. Just Do It. Started with a gorgeous sunrise and visited some of the most beautiful spots in the world.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I found Alex through Trip Adviseor and made online reservation through its website. Then I received emails from Alex to give me some basic idea of using the camera. Alex picked me and my parents on time in front of our hotel and showed us the wonderful sunrise on east coast, lovely monky seal and a secret path to the impressive pacific ocean. I have got some idea of taking picture from him which as a result give me thousands of lovely pictures. My parents cannot understand English, but they both enjoyed tour. As promised, I will write down my comment in Chinese.

我通过Trip Advisor联系到Alex并通过他公司的主页完成了预定。接下来我收到了Alex的邮件,在这些邮件中他提及了照相机的各种使用方式。Alex准时在酒店门前接到我们全家,一路上他带领我们在东岸观看日出、观察可爱的海豹并通过一条幽静的小径欣赏太平洋美景。我从他那里学习到一些关于摄影的点子,并在之后拍摄了上千张很好的照片。我的父母不懂得英语,但他们也感到非常愉悦。

1  Thank L3344520