“Fantastic Tour!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Beautiful Hawaii Photo Tour
Ranked #2 of 316 Tours in Honolulu
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Don't just visit O'ahu, get focused and capture it with O'ahu Photography Tours! Book 2 or more tours directly with us and save 15%. Use discount code "OPTTA" when booking one tour on our website. O'ahu Photography Tours is a great tour for anyone wanting to learn or acquire more experience with outdoor photography. Oahu has an endless amount of beautiful locations to photograph just around the corner. We take our guests on a great adventure in finding the most photogenic locations on the day of your tour. From amazing sunrises to beautiful sunsets we get you to those iconic tropical spots allowing you to try out your artistic side and discover for yourself how fun and spectacular outdoor photography can be. With whatever you happen to be photographing, whether it be waterfalls, monk seals, ancient sites, amazing lookouts, breathtaking rainbows, reflective tide pools, barreling waves, or just the ever amazing rising and setting of the sun, you will be amazed at the photos you get with Oahu Photography Tours.
Hamilton, New Zealand
“Fantastic Tour!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

If its your 1st time or your 20th time to Oahu, this is the tour to take. Alex is a tremendous host who treats you just like ohana (family). He has plenty tips on the lighting, composition etc of photos if you ask, and is happy to share his experience with you. I took the sunrise tour on my first morning, and found myself getting excited about the photos I could capture on the rest of my vacation with the knowledge gained from this tour. Everyone one visiting Oahu should take at least one of Alex's tours as you will see some of the best scenery the island has to offer.

• Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
61 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Great Day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

We where picked up promptly at 5.20am. This was the start of interesting day, we where taken to some beautiful places. Alex was very helpful to everyone in our group as we all had different levels of experience. At each stop Alex gave us hints on how to get the best photos. We went to a local ace for breakfast the food was very tasty and welcomed after the early start. I have come home with some beautiful pictures that I will be able to display. Thanks Alex for a great day.

New York City, New York
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Absolutely one of the most memorial mornings ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

We did a sunrise tour with Alex, picking up at 5:30am and driving out to the beach to watch the sunrise. It was absolutely gorgeous and also had a chance to learn some of the basics of photographing landscapes since the tour. Despite the tour ending, I kept wanting to take more photos! I would strongly suggest that you don't hesitate and not be afraid of asking questions to Alex - take the opportunity of having a professional photography right there with you! Alex's groups are very small so you have plenty of opportunities to ask Alex questions and watch as he patiently, and quickly, changes the setting to ANY camera to help you create spectacular pictures. Absolutely one of the best experiences I have ever had. Can't wait to do a sunset or even full moon tour with Alex on a future trip back to Oahu. Highly recommended! And thank you Alex for a great morning.

1 Thank gtsjyq
Oregon City, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Get up early for the Sunrise Tour, you'll be glad you did!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

My Wife & I took the Sunrise Tour with Alex Sept. 20th. Seven of us on the tour, and with the rain, thought we should have slept in. But Alex headed out for what he called "a good possibility" of seeing the sun rise. We all got out of the van, were issued tripods and pointed to where to get some good shots. I thought "Oh well, may as well shoot some rocks & breakers." We got set up, and then there was this hole in the sky, it kept getting large and brighter... then the Sun came up, right through this hole in the clouds! Fantastic Photos! Alex circulated around to assist each of us with different settings and techniques, usually tips, then let us "play" with the scenes of Sun & Sea & Sky. My Wife has a newer camera, that she doesn't really use, and she took some Beautiful Photos! I have a new camera for the trip, and Alex explained how to use the various exposure settings to get a more dramatic photo. We all really learned a lot.
After the "sunrise" stop, Alex took us to other sites where the Tours and even the locals don't usually go, and we continued to play with our cameras.
We took several other tours offered by the Big Tour Companies, and we felt these were just "drive by" tours, where you have to shoot out the window as you drive by. The Photo Tour was there for PHOTOS and you really got to take the time to work on different angles, settings, and your own personal viewpoint to create memorable images. We continued to use these techniques wherever we were for the next 7 days of our Vacation. I came home with over 1600 photos, which I will cull through and make a memorable album, DVD, or Slideshow. What the heck, it's Digital. May as well fill up the memory card. My Wife has far fewer photos on her camera, but what she has is great quality!
So, Get up early for the Sunrise Tour, or take the Sunset Tour, or the All Day Photo Tour, You WILL be glad you did!
Thanks Alex, We had a GREAT Time!
Ken & Dale Dahl, Oregon City, OR

2 Thank KenDahl13
Westford, Massachusetts, United States
“Wonderful Day Photographing Oahu with Alex”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

My wife and I booked a private photo tour with Alex and Oahu Photography Tours during our recent trip to Hawaii. It was an great experience and money (and time) well spent. There are no shortage of alternatives for sightseeing in Hawaii. You could rent a car and bring guidebooks. We tried that. You could take a tour packed in a bus with 50 other tourists. We tried that. But none of that offers the kind of specialized service that we got with Alex. The secret is knowing not only what to see, but when, how to make best use of the light. We saw not only the major attractions, but also scenic vistas that were off the beaten trail, just pulling off the road on a tertiary road. Alex also provided valuable advice on framing/composition, camera settings, things to look for, etc.

All around a great experience, one I high recommend to any photo enthusiast.