“Welcome to Uncle Clay's 'Ohana!”

Uncle Clay's House of Pure Aloha
Ranked #1 of 108 Dessert in Honolulu
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Good for: Families with children
Description: HOPA is a Hawaiian treat shop best known for its all-natural, homemade, real fruit shave ice served with Pure Aloha daily. At the House, there are no strangers, only 'ohana yet to be met. Through the House of Pure Aloha, we aim to accomplish our true mission of "inspiring a movement of Pure Aloha one person, one relationship, one community at a time".
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Because this place is already so well-reviewed, it almost seems unnecessary to add anything more, but I will try. First, the shave ice was perfect-- I have never had anything that quite compares. I wish I could've brought it home with me!

Second, Uncle Clay is a pretty remarkable guy. I've never seen a owner/proprietor care so much about his customers. Although he has thousands of customers walk through his doors every year, he tries to share at least a few moments with each of them while he's there. He lovingly welcomes his visitors into his 'family' and warmly shares whatever inspirational words he has. After getting our shave ice and sitting down, my wife and I chatted with him for about a half an hour before we finished our snacks. Although this style of eating may not be preferred for some, it was a great way for us to finish our day-- relaxing and chatting with a new friend.

1  Thank Theo P

Reviewed July 27, 2014

We went on the advice of tripadvisor and it was so worth it. Uncle Clay's shaved ice is truly aloha. Pure and fresh syrups make these shaved ice treats heavenly. My family and I had the pleasure of meeting uncle Clay while we enjoyed our treats and he's a fantastic individual and he made us feel like part of his ohana!

1  Thank mjwitherspoon
Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

The shave ice has a great texture, just the right amount of syrup. Most of their flavors are made of natural ingredients. The strawberry flavor had visible bits of fruit in it, and was phenomenal. We also tried the shave ice tea, a first for me, black tea and honey is mixed with flavored shave ice of your choice forming a slushie type consistency. I will definitely return to have this again, it was fantastic. Customer service and Aloha are in great supply. Uncle Clay himself was the cashier and took the time chat with us for a few minutes. Best shave ice in flavor and consistency. No name other than House of Pure Aloha would have been fitting.

2  Thank nate w
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stopped by after a hike and it blew us away regarding how fresh it was. Every shave ice place uses syrups overloaded with sugar, just like snow cones that overpower you with sweetness.

We got a strawberry pineapple with Tahitian vanilla and azuki beans and dream sauce. It was the best shave ice I've ever had, and we've lived on Oahu for 5 years now. We've been to the best shave ice places on Kauai, Maui, the Big Island and the North Shore of Oahu and none of them have ever tasted this natural. Uncle Clay himself filled us with his "pure aloha" by thanking us and welcoming us to his Ohana. We'll be stopping by any time we're back in the area.

2  Thank KineticCoug
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Wonderful staff, bright and delightful interior design, and really good shave ice. The nephew of Clay, Bronson (I'm sorry if I spelled it incorrectly) introduced himself and his class and kindness shows the spirit of Aloha in this place. Really good shave ice and even better service making this place tops on the island.

2  Thank Gr8NoCall