“Very, Very unique place that has the sweetest owner!”

Uncle Clay's House of Pure Aloha
Ranked #1 of 98 Dessert in Honolulu
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: HOPA is a Hawaiian treat shop best known for its all-natural, homemade, real fruit shave ice served with Pure Aloha daily. At the House, there are no strangers, only 'ohana yet to be met. Through the House of Pure Aloha, we aim to accomplish our true mission of "inspiring a movement of Pure Aloha one person, one relationship, one community at a time".
“Very, Very unique place that has the sweetest owner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

This place is awesome!!! My wife and I had a wonderful experience here. We got to meet uncle Clay :). He is so genuine and down to earth. I appreciated him sharing his faith in God with me. It was such a blessing meeting a Hawaiian that believes the same as I do. The snow cones here are the best we've had on the island. I'd highly recommend this place to anyone! Mahalo

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Wes T

Federal Way, Washington, United States
“Best shaved ice in Oahu!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

Uncle Clay is the nicest guy ever! Such a pleasure to speak with him. He is so outgoing and friendly! He really goes out of his way to welcome you to his Ohana! The shaved ice is soooo good, especially with their ice cream. I tried both their Tahitian vanilla and ChocoCoco Mac. I liked Matsumoto's in Haleiwa, but Uncle Clay's is hands down the best on the island! I'd love to come back again! I will definitely recommend this place to all my family and friends.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Eejay30
London
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Shave Ice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

We went there twice (on different days), it was so good. The ice just melts right in your mouth - pure perfection.

• Visited July 2014
England, United Kingdom
“Very friendly place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

My friend took me and I even met uncle clay, very sweet guy, love the place and it sure beams Aloha the shave ice is lovely

• Visited September 2013
Sunshine Coast, Qld
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I want to bring Uncle Clay home to be a part of my family!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

This was the best experience on our holiday. The shave ice here is the best on Oahu. I have previously had Matsimotos on the north shore but this time it wasn't as good. Uncle Clay's is amazing, the flavours are fantastic. The shave ice is nothing like we have in Australia, must use different machines, so it won't be just crushed ice with cordial tipped over. If you have never had it, this is the place to try it. By far, the best part is Uncle Clay. He is the sweetest human being on this planet. He actually had me tearing up! If you don't come you're missing out on something special.

• Visited June 2014