“An absolute must-do on Oahu!”

Uncle Clay's House of Pure Aloha
Ranked #1 of 108 Dessert in Honolulu
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Good for: Families with children
Description: HOPA is a Hawaiian treat shop best known for its all-natural, homemade, real fruit shave ice served with Pure Aloha daily. At the House, there are no strangers, only 'ohana yet to be met. Through the House of Pure Aloha, we aim to accomplish our true mission of "inspiring a movement of Pure Aloha one person, one relationship, one community at a time".
Reviewed April 23, 2014

After trying some Shave Ice from a foodtruck on Diamond Head, we decided to give Uncle Clay a try to compare. The food truck ice was decent (basically an old school snow cone), but Uncle Clay's Shave Ice was definitely in a class of its own. It was much creamier and tastier, and the all 4 of the flavors we had (Mango, Strawberry, Guave and Pineapple) were phenomenal, filled with rich flavor.

But the best part of the experience was Uncle Clay himself. He truly cares about his customers - and about spreading Aloha to as many people as he can. He was sincere, engaging, and practically oozed genuine Aloha out of his pores. We highly recommend that if you are going to have Shave Ice on Oahu, make sure you make it a point to stop by Uncle Clay's!

Reviewed April 19, 2014

We tried this place, based on the strong reviews on TripAdvisor and found it to be exactly as others had described it! Uncle Clay himself went out of his way to greet all the patrons and was sincerely full of aloha. The house-made syrups are crazy good and the flavors are natural and delicious. This is unlike any shave ice you have ever enjoyed in Hawaii and you will find yourself hooked on its deliciousness. Although, not located in a normal tourist area, do yourself a favor and make the trip. We will definitely be going back to Uncle Clay's on our next trip to Hawaii. Uncle Clay, keep up the good work and aloha nui loa!

1  Thank PJS308
Reviewed April 18, 2014

We almost always say "no" to shaved iced, due to all the food coloring. But it's soooo delicious. I'm excited to find a place that serves all natural shaved ice. My husband went with a couple of the kids and said it's awesome. I can't wait to try it!

1  Thank Kristen W
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I went here the other day, on my last day in Oahu. The staff was super friendly & helpful. I asked about a couple of the flavors and what is their most popular and their own favorite. I ended up getting the Likeloi and guava flavorings with the Tahitian vanilla ice cream. I thought it was delicious and honestly liked it more than the Shave Ice I had at the famous Matusomo in Haleiwa. I would highly recommend it! If I lived there I would definitely frequent this place. Also I had the poke from Foodland in the shopping center & have to say that was delicious as well!

Reviewed April 15, 2014

This was the best thing we had during our stay. We all wanted to go back, but didn't have chance and that's the regret we all have. One of us went for second.

1  Thank homeschoolmom27