“I can see why this gets such good reviews”

Uncle Clay's House of Pure Aloha
Ranked #1 of 108 Dessert in Honolulu
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Good for: Families with children
Description: HOPA is a Hawaiian treat shop best known for its all-natural, homemade, real fruit shave ice served with Pure Aloha daily. At the House, there are no strangers, only 'ohana yet to be met. Through the House of Pure Aloha, we aim to accomplish our true mission of "inspiring a movement of Pure Aloha one person, one relationship, one community at a time".
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I read about this a year ago and wasn't able to make it on that particular trip. I wish I had made the effort because I definitely missed out! The shave ice here is absolutely fantastic. The first time I had shave ice was a couple of days ago in Kailua and this shave ice makes the Kailua shave ice seem amateurish at best.

Fresh flavors, homemade vanilla ice cream, fresh fruit and friendly staff makes this a trip worth making.

2  Thank Nancy W

Reviewed March 12, 2014

You can have shaved ice in so many places in Hawaii, ranging from street vendors all the way to fancy restaurants, but no one can beat Uncle Clay's House of Pure Aloha. It's more than the natural, tasty ingredients, the unbeatable price, or the clean and neat restaurant. It is the true Aloha spirit that makes this place so special. My wife and I had the fortune to be the first customers of the day, and Uncle Clay welcomed us in. He is such a wonderful person. We had a great conversation. As we bid farewell, we felt we are part of the family. The State of Hawaii should recruit him to showcase the warm and welcoming Aloha spirit. Highly recommended!

1  Thank AviatorYW
Reviewed March 11, 2014

This was the absolute best shaved ice I have ever had. They will add a scoop of ice cream and you will not believe the difference it makes. Everyone was super friendly.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

You are warmly greeted by Uncle Clay himself. The service is beyond friendly, and you feel like you're family when there. The shaved ice was delicious with a variety of flavors.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

We came here after seeing it listed as the No. 1 restaurant in all Honolulu. It did not disappoint! We were greeted by Uncle Clay himself, who introduced himself, asked our names and made pleasant conversation. The shave ice itself is fantastic -- the syrups taste fresh and the locally sourced ones are noted on the menu. Portions are also HUGE and prices reasonable.

The location is a bit out-of-the-way in a strip mall, but if you're coming/going from Hanauma Bay, definitely make a point to stop here. Uncle Clay spoke of Aloha (love) and welcomed us to his ohana (family). We definitely felt like family, and like sincerely appreciated customers. Wish we could have stopped in twice during our stay in Honolulu.

1  Thank SushiFoodie