“Best shaved ice ever!”

Uncle Clay's House of Pure Aloha
Ranked #1 of 109 Dessert in Honolulu
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Good for: Families with children
Description: HOPA is a Hawaiian treat shop best known for its all-natural, homemade, real fruit shave ice served with Pure Aloha daily. At the House, there are no strangers, only 'ohana yet to be met. Through the House of Pure Aloha, we aim to accomplish our true mission of "inspiring a movement of Pure Aloha one person, one relationship, one community at a time".
Reviewed February 24, 2014

We stopped here on our way back from Hanauma Bay because of the reviews...WOW! So so good! The ice is perfect, the flavors taste like its actually the flavor it says (their syrups are made with real fruit)..the ice cream?? Best vanilla ice cream I've had! Great Aloha spirit too!

1  Thank kristinhall70

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Shaved ice is 2nd to none. Owner is so very welcoming and shared true Hawaiian legends with us. I brought friends back with me and they all loved it as much as I did. Thank you and aloha!

Reviewed February 16, 2014

I originally heard about Uncle Clay's House of Pure Aloha through a Trip Advisor e-mail. We were staying in Waikiki but took a day to relax on Lanikai Beach and explore the Windward coast of O'ahu. When setting out for the day, we knew we had to check out HOPA on the way back to Waikiki!

Immediately upon entering, we were greeted by Matt. The Aloha spirit was felt immediately. Matt was awesome, taking the time to guide us through our selections and showing a genuine interest in us as people. It was great talking with him. I also observed quite a few regular customers who came through and it was like a family atmosphere.

The shave ice itself was incredible. Great flavors and it seemed made with great ingredients. I wish HOPA were closer as I'm craving it right now and need my fix!!! I will certainly return everytime I get to O'ahu.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Uncle Clay And His family was Great Friendly Warm House Was the Best Shaved Ice Cream Never harden before tip yesterday 2/15/14. and Uncle Clay and Family left a Heart Print On All of Us ( Mary & Rick , Audrey & Pete, Jackie & Mike, ) As We Are From South Dakota and Visiting Jackie & Mike , Thank You For Leaving us with your Heart Print too

2  Thank JSW731
Reviewed February 13, 2014

My daughter has become hooked on shaved Ice, and this place was the best so far. Flavours where very good and the staff helpful in making a choice and allowed us to sample

1  Thank kitKenora