“I felt the aloha-- best shave ice ever!”

Uncle Clay's House of Pure Aloha
Ranked #1 of 105 Dessert in Honolulu
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Good for: Families with children
Description: HOPA is a Hawaiian treat shop best known for its all-natural, homemade, real fruit shave ice served with Pure Aloha daily. At the House, there are no strangers, only 'ohana yet to be met. Through the House of Pure Aloha, we aim to accomplish our true mission of "inspiring a movement of Pure Aloha one person, one relationship, one community at a time".
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I originally heard about Uncle Clay's House of Pure Aloha through a Trip Advisor e-mail. We were staying in Waikiki but took a day to relax on Lanikai Beach and explore the Windward coast of O'ahu. When setting out for the day, we knew we had to check out HOPA on the way back to Waikiki!

Immediately upon entering, we were greeted by Matt. The Aloha spirit was felt immediately. Matt was awesome, taking the time to guide us through our selections and showing a genuine interest in us as people. It was great talking with him. I also observed quite a few regular customers who came through and it was like a family atmosphere.

The shave ice itself was incredible. Great flavors and it seemed made with great ingredients. I wish HOPA were closer as I'm craving it right now and need my fix!!! I will certainly return everytime I get to O'ahu.

There are newer reviews for Uncle Clay's House of Pure Aloha

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Uncle Clay And His family was Great Friendly Warm House Was the Best Shaved Ice Cream Never harden before tip yesterday 2/15/14. and Uncle Clay and Family left a Heart Print On All of Us ( Mary & Rick , Audrey & Pete, Jackie & Mike, ) As We Are From South Dakota and Visiting Jackie & Mike , Thank You For Leaving us with your Heart Print too

2  Thank JSW731
Reviewed February 13, 2014

My daughter has become hooked on shaved Ice, and this place was the best so far. Flavours where very good and the staff helpful in making a choice and allowed us to sample

1  Thank kitKenora
Reviewed February 12, 2014

First off this is a little off the beaten path. If you head to Diamond Head or out that way stop here before or after. The shave ice is great and this review would be very highly positive just for that. The store is very clean, bright and very well appointed. There is a focus on sustainability here and a message. The message is the best part. Don't miss it.

What if everything you thought about business and success was wrong? My wife and I thought we were going to Uncle Clay's for shave ice. We did get some great shave ice but we also made some new friends. Uncle Clay doesn't measure success in business the same as most people. He measures success in bringing new people into his worldwide family.

Just go.

Meeting Uncle Clay for a minute or as we did for and extended time after the store closed is worth the trip.

We arrived near closing time as I had business during the day. Another couple was checking out and talking with Uncle Clay as we worked with JoJo to select our shave ice flavors. They were talking like old friends. We got to the check out and Uncle Clay started to explain why he does what he does. I won't steal his thunder. It needs to be experienced. During this he had some friendly banter with his co-worker JoJo. You could tell they both enjoyed their work.

He took time to introduce us to the other couple who were planning to renew their vows on the beach in a few months. We talked about celebrating out 25th anniversary in Hawaii.

If you are working, can you describe the purpose of your business in a minute? Uncle Clay can. He should do business consulting. His business has deep roots. He knows why he does what he does. It will do you good to hear it and think about how you are spending your working years. He is not wasting time. Uncle Clay has a plan.

So go for the wonderful shave ice and if you catch Uncle Clay during a slower time, hang around. You just might truly gain an uncle. Uncle Clay, if you are reading this, we send Pure Aloha your way. See you next trip.

3  Thank SGPG1985
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I was sitting at home in England, looking for a local restaurant using TA when I suddenly had the urge to look up restaurants in Hawai'i. Don't know why but just did. As soon as I saw Uncle Clays House of Pure Aloha I just had to visit! I'm now in the middle of a ten week tour round the states and made a special trip to the restaurant - what an experience - it is really soooo much more than the food - although the shave ice (never really had it before) was amazing in itself - all made from natural ingredients and very tasty. The star of the show though is Uncle Clay and his staff - if you are up for feeling the Love then he is the man for you. He seems to be eternally happy and has a mission in life to make people happy and feel good. Whole experience was great - worth the trip!

2  Thank jonnyrib