“finally, real fruit syrups!”

Uncle Clay's House of Pure Aloha
Ranked #1 of 105 Dessert in Honolulu
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Good for: Families with children
Description: HOPA is a Hawaiian treat shop best known for its all-natural, homemade, real fruit shave ice served with Pure Aloha daily. At the House, there are no strangers, only 'ohana yet to be met. Through the House of Pure Aloha, we aim to accomplish our true mission of "inspiring a movement of Pure Aloha one person, one relationship, one community at a time".
Reviewed August 29, 2013

read about this place and was excited to try it. was very good. love the fruit syrups. they were out of some of the fresh fruit toppings when we went but still good and glad I went!

There are newer reviews for Uncle Clay's House of Pure Aloha

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Whoaaaaa , loved it , must visit on you way back from Hanauma bay, Best there is on the planet , we will be back again

Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Shave ice was one of the great delights of Oahu and Uncle Clay's does not disappoint. The syrups are REAL, not the fake stuff that everyone else has. I had the strawberry and guava. It was amazing!!! You will want to be sure that you come here and taste pure aloha! Besides the delicious shave ice, you will have the true pleasure of meeting Uncle Clay himself. He is one of the most warm & kind people I have ever met. His staff is also friendly too.
So make your visit to Hawaii complete: visit Uncle Clay's House of Pure Aloha. You wont regret it!!

1  Thank verobeach406
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

You must try this place! Best shaved ice ever! The chocolate ice cream as a topping is amazing!!! Includes chocolate, coconut, macadamia nuts! Heaven!

1  Thank Shaperta10
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Today was the first time I've seen Uncle Clay in five years. The last time I saw him, he still had his old store (Doe Fang), and while I knew he made the new store, I never had the chance to stop by until today. I was so impressed with the place! It was great to catch up with him and try his shave ice specialty. NO other place I know of on this island sells kale-spinach shave ice, and it was absolutely phenomenal. It tasted so much better than I imagined!

Uncle Clay is truly deserving of all the 5 star ratings he gets. For those 4 star ratings, I've read each one and none explain why they gave 4 instead of 5. *Shrug* For the person who gave it 3 stars because of the price: their price is competitive with other shave ice locations with add-ons and the atmosphere should easily warrant any price as well. I used to suggest visitors to go to other shave ice places, but I will tell them to go here now. And my wife's going to tell all her co-workers as well.

Uncle Clay is very gregarious, which is part of his aloha spirit. If you're an introvert, please don't take it the wrong way as he just wants to spread the aloha spirit from person to person and he shouldn't be penalized for that. He truly has a heart full of aloha that he wants to share with others. Once you meet him, you'll understand. And once you try his shave ice, you'll understand that the aloha in him is in the shave ice as well.

1  Thank kimchicowboy