“Best of the best shave ice!”

Uncle Clay's House of Pure Aloha
Ranked #1 of 108 Dessert in Honolulu
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Good for: Families with children
Description: HOPA is a Hawaiian treat shop best known for its all-natural, homemade, real fruit shave ice served with Pure Aloha daily. HOPA Aina Haina is our first and original House launched in 2011 in Aina Haina Shopping Center. At HOPA our mission is to cultivate Pure Aloha one person, relationship, and community at a time.
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Best shave ice on the island HANDS DOWN!!! Uncle Clay makes his syrups fresh everyday and the strawberry is to diieee for!!! A Must-Try if you're ever visiting!!! We'll be checking in here a few more times before our vacations over.
Update:
Had to come one more time before returning to the mainland!! Strawberry and homemade fresh mochi!! The mochi was actually still HOT from being freshly made! Honestly, honestly, honestly, BEST shave ice. It's alllll about the fresh syrup and the texture of the ice!

1  Thank hanna n

Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

I had never had shaved ice before and now I'm concerned that nothing will ever live up to my experience at uncle clays! The shaved ice was wow! Uncle Clay was probably one of the most friendly people i have ever met. In my opinion this place is a must!

1  Thank Danielle_Balsamo
Reviewed July 6, 2013

The shaved ice was the finest that we ever had. the toppings were wonderful, from mangoes to strawberries to red beans,etc.
Uncle Clay was so hospitable and kind and great host and so were his lady assistants.

1  Thank Hermenegildo A
Reviewed July 4, 2013

After being confused by some of the recent reviews here on tripadvisor, I decided to try Uncle Clay's. It is a hot 4th of July so shave ice would be perfect to hit the spot.

The homemade syrups used here are unique in the Hawaii shave ice scene. Each one that I tried was thick with fruit (mango and guava) and some had bits of the actual fruit (bean vanilla and strawberry). The syrups taste much more like real fruit than the usual ultra-sweet and brightly colored syrups at other shave ice shops. It may not match the expectations of some who are used to other syrups, but the flavors are amazing. Honestly, I enjoy both types of syrups but really appreciate the natural flavors and will choose them if I am in the area. The ice grind its just about perfect where it its not too fine where the syrups can't penetrate and not coarse and crunchy.

The small clean shop is in the Aina Haina shopping center close to the Foodland Farms market. The staff was fun and very helpful since this was my first visit.

The #1 restaurant rating is a bit confusing because they only serve snacks but makes sense if thought of as the food place that satisfied the highest percentage of diners.

3  Thank John T
Reviewed June 12, 2013

This place is great! I'm craving their shave ice and Tahitian vanilla ice cream right now as I write this! I like that they use organic ingredients, too. If I had the chance, I'd definitely go there again.

5  Thank cosmos2015