“Yummy!”

Uncle Clay's House of Pure Aloha
Ranked #1 of 105 Dessert in Honolulu
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Good for: Families with children
Description: HOPA is a Hawaiian treat shop best known for its all-natural, homemade, real fruit shave ice served with Pure Aloha daily. At the House, there are no strangers, only 'ohana yet to be met. Through the House of Pure Aloha, we aim to accomplish our true mission of "inspiring a movement of Pure Aloha one person, one relationship, one community at a time".
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Tried the strawberry and yogurt with ice cream and was amazing! The owner and his nephew was there and treated you like you we're old friends.

I was expecting the store to be like a hole in the wall type thing but it's in a nice strip mall with a Foodland grocery store.

Great stop on a hot afternoon!

3  Thank baileychow
There are newer reviews for Uncle Clay's House of Pure Aloha

Reviewed May 9, 2013

My husband and I were in Hawaii for the first time, and we went to HOPA based on other Trip Advisor reviews. The shaved ice was AMAZING! I had an original size strawberry and chocolate ice with vanilla ice cream, and he had an original size pineapple, mango, coconut ice with chocolate coconut macadamia nut ice cream. The bill for both of us was just over $11. It is a bit of a drive from Waikiki (about 15 minutes) but I would absolutely do it again--so worth it!! The young man who made our ices is a co-owner of the store and he was so nice and humble. If I ever make it back to Honolulu I will be heading back to HOPA. Great experience.

3  Thank TravelAddict200
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We went here during our first trip to Hawai'i. I had the coconut ice with chocolate macadamia nut ice cream and my wife had guava ice with vanilla bean ice cream. Both were delicious!

The staff was Uncle Clay's son and a girl who happened to be on the cover of a book sold at the shop. Both were very nice and friendly.

We went in expecting something close to an overpriced sno-cone, but were pleasantly surprised by the value and quality of what we ordered. Very well done HOPA!

3  Thank Russdex
Reviewed May 5, 2013

It was good, no argument there. Uncle Clay was there and was very talkative and nice. I see why he gets the comments, but I was really surprised that our shave ice cost $10 each. Granted, the shave ice w/o any additions is $5 or so. But we added ice cream (which was good), but not sure it was $5 additional good. We went here based on the reviews and again, Clay is great, the shave ice was good, just not sure it was $10 each good...

4  Thank arapower
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I would go back daily if we lived here! After a hike up Diamond Head, we headed over to Uncle Clay's. To our delight, Uncle Clay was there and was the kindest person I've ever met...it was like meeting a philosopher. What a wonderful person! Back to the shaved ice...I chose coconut and my husband went with chocolate/coconut. Both were out of this world! I finished mine while standing there hearing life lessons from Uncle Clay! :) PURE ALOHA!

4  Thank Peachtree C