“King of shave ice!”

Uncle Clay's House of Pure Aloha
Ranked #1 of 108 Dessert in Honolulu
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Good for: Families with children
Description: HOPA is a Hawaiian treat shop best known for its all-natural, homemade, real fruit shave ice served with Pure Aloha daily. At the House, there are no strangers, only 'ohana yet to be met. Through the House of Pure Aloha, we aim to accomplish our true mission of "inspiring a movement of Pure Aloha one person, one relationship, one community at a time".
Reviewed March 17, 2013

On the way back from Makapuu, we stopped at Uncle Clay's. It was on my husband's to do list. I was really glad he found it. They have the best shave ice on the island! Natural flavor syrups and awesome icecream! We were a little conservative for our first order and I went all out on my second one...a combination of Kalespin/Lilikoi/Tahitian Vanilla icecream/mochi. The kalespin sounded a little weird but it tasted really good (sweet and lemony) and refreshing. Try it if you dare!!

Uncle Clay was in the store when we were there and we had a really good chat. He is very friendly and caring. He even let us stayed a little longer to feed our baby after his store was closed.

5  Thank BubbleSnow

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We tried this place out based on the Tripadvisor review and we were not disappointed. The shave ice as well as the ice cream were both excellent! It is a short drive from Hanauma Bay and worth the drive. We plan to go again many times.

6  Thank mja6
Reviewed March 7, 2013

A truely great experience. My second favorite shaved ice on the island, but maybe my favorite person on the island. Uncle Clay was caring, friendly, and genuinely interested in everyone who came into his shop. He's infectous in a way the world needs more of. The shaved ice was great, the homemade strawberry was my favorite and ice cream is a must. Thanks again.

6  Thank Jonathan V
Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

I'm sitting at Uncle Clay's right now and enjoying a large mango-guava-pineapple shaved ice. It is AMAZING! Miles above the other shaved ice you will find on Oahu (I've tried several). Their syrups are homemade, all natural and fresh. And damn tasty!

The service is excellent, fast and friendly, and the shop is so cute with its clean and bright decor. It's a great spot to sit and relax.

Don't miss thus place when you visit, even if it's out of Waikiki. I stopped on my way back from Hanauma Bay and it was very close to the bus stop.

I hope to be back one day :)

6  Thank Julie P
Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely delicous shave ice. Very friendly staff that were very helpful with the many choices. Completly all natural ingredients. Love it.

2  Thank Rbillings