“Beachfront and Parkland setting”

Barefoot Beach Cafe
Ranked #151 of 2,543 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood, Steakhouse, Cafe, Grill
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: NOT YOUR TYPICAL SNACK BAR. Barefoot Beach Cafe is a casual cafe on Queen's Beach at the Diamond Head end of Waikiki, right at the surf spots known as "Publics." Breakfast served daily from 7am-2pm, lunch & dinner from 11am to 8:30pm. Featuring steak, fresh seafood, burgers, hot dogs, sandwiches, salads and daily specials. Located in Kapiolani Park across from the Kapiolani Park Bandstand (look for the red umbrellas). Friendly service and great prices. Beach BBQ featuring live music every Friday & Saturday (5:30pm-8:30pm). Check the website for our entertainment calendar. We are also available for private parties and special events! Contact Sakara Blackwell for more information.
Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

What a find! Good food at good prices with great views across Waikiki beach especially at sunset. Surprised it was do easy to get a table.

2  Thank Serfside

Reviewed May 14, 2014

Had the beachcomber burger, was the best burger I have ever had. Would love to know what the spices were that the used so I could make them at home. Views were fantastic atmosphere is great.

1  Thank Angel G
Reviewed May 11, 2014

I was torn whether to give it 5 or 4 stars. It's 5 stars for me (I've gone there every time I am in Honolulu ever since being introduced to it by local friends) but I don't need a luxury environment to be happy.

Here is why somebody else may not like it as much: this is basically a walk-up window where you order, then get called to pick up your order. There is seating on round cement plus tile tables and chairs under an overhang or tables with benches under the open sky. Since none of the seating has backs, you can't lean against anything and over the long run your back may hurt. It's not a place to have a long leisurely dinner taking hours... And it's a little out of the way - at the end of Waikiki towards the aquarium. If your hotel is in middle of western end of Waikiki, it is a bit of a walk to get there.

Here is why I love it: After the glitz and touristy places of Waikiki, it is so refreshing to be at a simple, rustic place where you sit right at the ocean, and can watch the sunset or people out for an evening stroll. And the food is super fresh and good. In the evenings, I invariably go for the fish and chips - they can substitute the fries with sweet potato fries for about $2 more. But I've also had breakfast/brunch there, and though I can't remember what I ate, I remember that I loved whatever it was and wanted to return for it.

My local friends tell me that there is music and barbeque on Friday evenings and they go there often for that, but I've not yet had the chance to experience it myself. (Plus, as a fish and chips devote - the bbq wouldn't appeal to me as much)

Reviewed May 6, 2014

Beautiful location across from the beach, great food and made to order. I had mahi mahi and it was fresh and delicious. Would definitely go back

Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

Stopped here for lunch after spending the morning at Pearl Harbor. We lucked out and got a great parking spot on the road. I loved all the people watching while we waited on food. We could watch surfers, people learning to paddle board and everyone just strolling by. I didn't like my BBQ chicken sandwich with pineapple salsa. The salsa was great, but that's all. My husband had the pulled pork sandwich and said it was amazing. So if you like pulled pork definitely give that a try.