“Good Take-out”

Ranked #105 of 2,370 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood, Steakhouse, Cafe, Grill
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: NOT YOUR TYPICAL SNACK BAR. Barefoot Beach Cafe is a casual cafe on Queen's Beach at the Diamond Head end of Waikiki, right at the surf spots known as "Publics." Breakfast served daily from 7am-2pm, lunch & dinner from 11am to 8:30pm. Featuring steak, fresh seafood, burgers, hot dogs, sandwiches, salads and daily specials. Located in Kapiolani Park across from the Kapiolani Park Bandstand (look for the red umbrellas). Friendly service and great prices. Beach BBQ featuring live music every Friday & Saturday (5:30pm-8:30pm). Check the website for our entertainment calendar. We are also available for private parties and special events! Contact Sakara Blackwell for more information.
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Good Take-out”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

This one has cheaper prices than the diamond-head one and you can take it and go sit on the wall at the water and watch the sun set.

Visited January 2014

• Korean first
Chicago, IL
“Right in Waikiki Beach Park!”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Excellent fish offerings. Good calamari. Very reasonably priced for Waikiki. Great location (in middle of Waikiki Beach Park). Outside tables only.

1 Thank specht3
New Brunswick, New Jersey, United States
“Nice Place!”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

This is a cute little place right on the beach, I just walked by and decided on a whim to eat there as there aren't a lot of other places nearby. The area was clean, though as another reviewer commented, there were a few flies, though not terrible. I mean like there were one or two that buzzed around, I wasn't terribly bothered by them. The birds, yeah, don't feed them. They're so confident they'll practically hop on your lap, and WILL hop on your table when you're eating. Some people next to me made the mistake of tossing them some food and they practically dive-bombed the table.

The food was decent, and offered on cute little wooden plates, and not too badly priced either. I'd definitely eat there again if I was around there. They gave a lot of fries, more than I was expecting. The shakes were also good, and came with a cute flower! I didn't have to wait too long, and they were decently busy I'd say, with all the tables in the front occupied. Plus it's a quick walk from a number of hotels and right on the beach.

• Visited January 2014
Shawnigan Lake, Canada
“Beware...there are three Barefoot Beach Cafe locations!”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

There is a lovely location along Queen's Park which we had seen on our last visit to Oahu but there are also 2 other Barefoot locations down on Ala Moana Beach. One just has drinks and shave ice but the other one has a menu of plate lunches etc. This is the one we ended up at and regrettably had a very poor experience. My daughter and I ordered the garlic shrimp which I must say had an awesome sauce with it and they were accomodating enough to make a gluten free version of it for my daughter...the cook offered with a smile. But my husband and son ordered simple hot dog and fries and they were horrible and cold. My meal was missing a side dish and when I commented on it she made me bring my meal back up to the window and prove it. The woman at the window (this location has an order window/pick up window and a couple of very grimy plastic tables out front) appeared to be running the place and SHE was what really ruined our visit the most as she was unbelievably rude and ignorant. Our food took forever to be ready and the swarm of flies (probably due to the filthy seating area) made it quite unbearable. A lot of outdoor eateries in Hawaii and never saw flies anywhere but here. Just to keep them away from us I had to put a tray of food at the opposite end of the table and within minutes it was black with hundreds of flies...not exaggerating one little bit. I do know the Queen's park location is not like this so do enjoy a meal there but not at this horrible woman's Ala Moana site.

Maui, Hawaii
“100% good”
Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

I wish someday I live here so that I can eat here every single day.the price is very good,delicious food,and very friendly service.i love this place so much,wish I live here.very recommend this lovely place