“A destination in itself!”

Still and Moving Center
Honolulu, Hawaii
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 331 helpful votes
“A destination in itself!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

Honolulu is literally the second home for my husband and I. Every year we visit for weeks, now months, at a time.
One big factor that keeps us going back, and for longer stays each time is our desire to seek out new experiences.

When we discovered Still & Moving Center two years back, we knew we had found our Ohana (family) in Honolulu.

What an amazing, gorgeous, Aloha-filled, mind/body space this is! What gracious and talented teachers they have! What a lovely gathering of people and what a departure from the beach and sightseeing.

The Center
• offers a very comprehensive and diverse range of classes. My husband and I tried classes we’ve hadn’t even heard of before and loved every one of them! We’re now huge fans of Feldenkrais with Eve & Eva, Hula with Malia, Aerial Yoga with Wendi! In addition to regular classes, this trip we explored Gyrokinesis with Pauline and took workshops with Eva (Waveworks Continuum & Feldenkrais) & Goldyn (Nia).

Other classes include Tai Chi, Yoga, all types of Dances, Hula for all ages, Meditation, Aikido etc

• The Center is also the base of Nia in Honolulu. Nia is a movement form that takes the energy and teachings of different disciplines (the healing, dance, martial arts) and has one moving with alignment, freedom, power and precision. Needless to say, it’s a happy dance that I totally recommend every one of all abilities to try this! Teachers Renee and Goldyn are spectacular!

• Pamper yourself with a lomi lomi massage from Kumu Hula Malia. Her touch and calming energy is priceless! Perfect after a long flight.

• The Center at Queen Street is stunning – all 6000sq ft of it! I’ve been to a lot of Studios and this one is luxe! No detail has been overlooked. Love the mango wood sprung floors (so gentle on the joints), the decor, the boutique, rest areas (including the lovely showers and bath rooms).

Parking is easy. If the lots in front of the Center are filled, just park on the street or at Nordstrom Rack.

• Location is a dream. Right by the Ward Centers and not 5 mins drive from Waikiki.

• Prices. The Center has a choice of class price plans, all very reasonable in my honest opinion (considering the quality teachers and beautiful studio). If you’re new to the Center, first class is absolutely free!

• Almost every week it seems, there seems to be a workshop or event at the Center. It could be a free cultural celebration or an intensive class. Be sure to check out their website for details.

My parting words – check this Center out. It could well be the highlight of your Hawaiian vacation!

Visited October 2012
12 Thank happy2bealive

Carpinteria, California
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Calming and valuable integration of body, mind and spirit.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2012

Still and Moving center is more than a spa will ever be. The NIA classes are fantastic.All sorts of healing and meditation. The events and activities are fascinating along with organic veggie food. The Hawaiian culture is thriving there. Clothes and accessories in gift shop, too. Thank you Renee for creating a home away from home for me.

5 Thank jettarae