“slightly above average, but there is better”

Jade Dynasty Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #284 of 2,405 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Plano, Texas, United States
“slightly above average, but there is better”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

I only got to try Jade Dynasty and Legend Seafood dim sum while in Hawaii.
I've eaten dim sum all over the world, including a lot on places like Vancouver, San Francisco, New York, LA and Hong Kong.

Jade Dynasty was just average for "decent" US sim sum.
I also tried Legend Seafood while in Hawaii, and found them far superior in all but 1 of the 10 common dishes I tried at both.

So if you only have time for 1 place to try, choose Legend over Jade. ANother that seemed rated very high was Royal Garden. Sadly I didn't get to try them, so can not weigh in the mix.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Lee B

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Oklahoma
“No gluten free”
Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

The food was very tasty. If you are gluten free there is literally nothing for you here. Every thing is marinated in sauce that had wheat. Everything.

I ordered from the dim sum list. Everything was great. I had items I have never seen before. It's Hong Kong style. Food that is new to me.

1 Thank SH1304
“Optimistic miss”
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Staff was very friendly. No wait for a table however after we were seated we waited for service. Our appetizers came out quickly, however soups and our meals took longer than we could stay. 1.5 hrs into our time at the restaurant and we only had 50% of what we ordered. Will not go back.

2 Thank Ijulie72
West Vancouver, Canada
“Dim sum just like in Hong Kong”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

This my second time in two years going for Dim Sum at Jade Dynasty and I must say the food is still excellent. I often find in restaurants that the Dim Sum comes out cold but not in this case. Everything was hot and delicious and the char siu bau (bun with pork) was just how I remembered it in Hong Kong. The staff were very friendly and the service quick. I highly recommend this place.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank M3WV
Auckland
“A delicious Chinese restaurant to dine.”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

The restaurant staff was friendly. And the menu looks appetizing. And no surprises when the dishes came-out! The half order Peking duck had crispy skin, was meaty, and less oily. Really awesome! The glazed shrimps with walnuts was good. And don't leave without ordering their specialty beef dish.

Visited January 2014