“Excelent location but some points to improve...”
Review of Stay Hotel Waikiki

Stay Hotel Waikiki
Ranked #68 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stayed 4 days in 2 different rooms during august. If you are looking for a hotel next to the beach and close to nearby services in Honolulu, this is the place.
On the good side, location is the most positive point and some of the staff are very helpful. Breakfast acceptable.
On the not so good side we have to say that rooms are quite tiny an depending on the area quite noisy. We couldnt rest some of the days because that annoying noise...but no problem because the breakfast is served at 7 am so you can set off really early.... :> On top of that, we have to notice that when making a reservation with the parking lot, and having confirmed it 3 times, when we arrived at the hotel they just simply had released it. When problems arisen, part of the staff was not attentive and service was quite dissapointing. In our opinion some of the skills and competences of staff attending customers should be reviewed, attitude is basic when helping others... this will probably be an exception, but good management has to be aware about all these cases...

Room Tip: try upper floors...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 13, 2013

I booked the Stay Hotel for our recent trip to Oahu because the location was great and the price was right. Other reviewers are completely correct in noting that the rooms are TINY (and the bathroom is even smaller), but since we spent most of our time out and about it was exactly what we needed: A comfortable bed, air conditioning and a shower :). it was actually quite cozy, really.

The only thing that I really felt Stay Hotel was missing was a mini-fridge in the room. This is the one thing that kept me from rating this property "Very Good" and that might keep me from staying there again. So that's my one piece of feedback -- I hope they take it into consideration!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I must say, in all fairness, that the staff at Stay Hotel are absolutely wonderful and helpful. However, for future guests, please note of the following: You will be charged an extra $10 PER DAY for a so called "amenities fee," which is not mentioned on their website at all--very sneaky, made me feel taken advantage of! They don't mention this to you until you arrive at the hotel, what's up with that?! The charge is for a purported "amenities fee," which is basically for internet access and breakfast--bland toast and coffee that is on display just so the hotel can say they serve "continental breakfast." Also, please note that if you go to Stay Hotel's website, it is listed that they have "complimentary WiFi internet access" which is not the case at all, as they charge you for this without having it mentioned to you until you arrive at the hotel. "Complimentary" eh? ... Overall, staff are nice but it is a misleading hotel; very sneaky indeed. Oh, and also, my room was far from the pictures posted on their website: we were given bunk beds--no joke. A hotel with bunk beds (and I was with a girl I was trying to impress)--she slept above me and I under her; just awful.

Room Tip: Note of the $10 PER DAY charge that is not mentioned on their website! Make sure you don't get t...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KCA604
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I am pretty torn about the Stay. The good: Great location right by the beach, many shops, restaurants, int'l market etc, and it's right across the street from the Hyatt which is a pick up location for most tour buses and luau transportation so that's good. The staff was really friendly and gave good directions and tips (add sugar to the poi). They have complimentary beach toys in lobby which is always nice. The bad: the breakfast was very dissapointing, these use to be UH dorms and are set-up up like so, NO REFRIGERATOR, very loud, we asked for additional blankets on the first night and they were out, I mean really a hotel out of blankets? Wi-fi was terrible but they do have computers and printing in the lobby.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I stayed here for 5 x nights and took on board the reviews. It is one block back from the beach, clean and comfortable. Daily breakfast was toast, pastries and very strong coffee. I took my own coffee bags and just had toast. You can get extra fruit from ABC next door and stuff for lunch. I took ear plugs and a night mask. I felt safe. The staff are friendly and accommodating. In fact my stay was so positive, I have changed my accommodation nod coming back for the rest if my stay. Tips: walk to the DFS store and get the 1 day green red and pink trolley pass, then get the blue pass for $10.00 extra. That is your sight seeing taken care for three days. Dinner at Blazing Steaks 2x was cheap and really tasty.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Got a fantastic secret deal through late rooms type website, arrived at 7am and was going to be leaving at 3am next day, offered to pay extra if I could get a room right away. Nice guy on the desk swapped me out of the room I was meant to be in (8th floor) to fourth floor and I was able to have shower after my long flights and sleep straight away.

I wasn't charged any extra either - just one day amenity fee. The drawback was the room was lower - just above the entrance to the hotel, and faced the road .

Basic Room looks good, clean and bright (had two single beds in mine), but have to agree with others about the poorly fitted louvre windows being the wrong choice for a hotel, they let in all the noise of the people partying and frequent buses that use the road outside. Shower pressure was good for me.

Location is pretty good with all of Waikiki needs in walking distance. elevator is quite a physical beast trying to bite you as others have said. Fire alarm also went off (when I was lathered in the shower of course),

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 19, 2013

great staff very friendly! let us use a bottle of sunblock each day we were there great location. box full of beach accessories in lobby that you can use.
continental bfast in morning.bad that check in is not till 4 but they will take your bags and lock them up for you then call you if your room is ready early

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family