“Very Helpful and friendly staff and close to beach!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Stay Hotel Waikiki

Stay Hotel Waikiki
Ranked #67 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Very Helpful and friendly staff and close to beach!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

great staff very friendly! let us use a bottle of sunblock each day we were there great location. box full of beach accessories in lobby that you can use.
continental bfast in morning.bad that check in is not till 4 but they will take your bags and lock them up for you then call you if your room is ready early

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Queens, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

The bright side:
- Fairly clean.
- Amenities: internet, computers and printer in the lobby, free movie rental.
- Breakfast. Don’t expect much of it but enough to start the day. Coffee lovers will have to look for the closest coffee shop though, I’m afraid.
- Friendly staff.
- Location.

The dark side:
- Upon arrival, and saying that mine wasn’t ready yet, they tried to give me a shoebox of a room. When I came back to reception asking when the room I had booked was going to be ready they gave me another one, this time of normal size.
- Where those windows? Why on earth would anyone use slatted glass windows? It’s the least energy efficient and soundproof thing ever, which leads to the following point.
- Incredibly noisy. Proper windows would have helped a lot.
- The room key stopped working twice and I had to go back to reception to have it reset.
- I already knew about the resort fee ($10 +tax per night, per guest), but still I find it annoying that you have to pay for it once you check out. If they are going to charge that fee anyway, why not do it at the time of the reservation and be done with it.
- When checking out I was asked whether I had a scooter, which I had not. Apparently, someone had used my room number to park their scooter. Parking is $20+tax a day, not precisely cheap. The manager quickly took that out of my bill, but it didn’t feel very reassuring, so I’ll be checking my bank account just in case.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank quieroperderdevistaa

Travelers are raving about these Honolulu hotels

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

Very misleading. Showed up and was told we couldn't check in until 4 pm. Came in with my wife and 2 year old son. We had a total of 6 bags because we were staying for about a week. Not a single staff member offered to help with anything. Then was told we had to pay $20/night for parking which was never said before and wasn't on their website. And they had no parking available for us. So we had to park at a public garage 2 blocks away. We finally made it to our room and it was less than mediocre. It didnt have any modern amenities that you would find in any average hotel even though they charge a $10/day amenity fee which covered a less than satisfactory continental "breakfast". There was no mini fridge, microwave or even a blow dryer. The balcony was a joke. Elevators were sketchy. If you weren't in the elevator within about 3-5 seconds of it opening the doors closed on you. About the only thing this hotel did right was making it look good on its website. Just an overall poor excuse of a hotel as well as staff

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Stormin20
Earl N, General Manager at Stay Hotel Waikiki, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Aloha,

Thank you for taking time to write your review. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your experience with us. Please allow me to share some common practices in Waikiki. Check in time to most hotels is at 3pm - 4pm. Parking is at a premium and is very limited at most small properties and prices in the area range from $20 - $28 per day. I do apologize that you had to park in another lot a few blocks away. The amenity fee is for the use of unlimited DVD movies, continental breakfast, daily newspaper, use of our media center, use of beach chairs and mats, wi-fi access anywhere in the Honolulu district and $5 off any food item in the restaurant. We are working on providing all rooms with refrigerators in the near future.

Although you did not enjoy your experience, we hope that you were able to take home many fond memories of our beautiful island.

With Warmest Aloha,

Earl T. Nakachi
Honolulu, Hawaii
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

convienent and affordable. Great location in Waikiki. Does not look like website pics but if a place to stay at a cheap price is all you're looking for then this place is it. Parking is a nightmare if lot is full. Nearest parking is 2 blocks away and cost $20 for 24 hours.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Rocky L
LOS ANGELES
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

This place is not as advertised... On the website it looks like a cool modern boutique hotel but in reality it is a third rate hotel with ikea finishes. The only saving grace is the staff is very friendly. I would not recommend this place and don't let the website fool you.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank DOMINIC P
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

people here are amazing. the restraunt staff here is tops in waikiki.. The little Gina bartender is one of the most hospitable people if ever run into. Great prices great info from the staff about the area. awsome infusments. They have amazing food here and great prices compaired to some of the place here in waikiki. I really enjoied the selections of draft beers. They ribs here are amazing. I hope to return soon here. Mahalo to all the staff that made my stay here memorible. Cant wait to come back and see all the smiling faces here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

I stayed here for a long week in the end of March 2013. This place is not too bad, the room was tight which I was not expecting. It was me and my boyfriend and our suitcases, which took up most of the room. This beach is right around the corner from the hotel, plenty of food everywhere. The staff where friendly especially the cleaning lady. Would I stay here again? Sure why not, I did not have any real problems with this hotel plus the location is nice.

Room Tip: If you rent a car plan on paying for parking.