“Great location , Affordable price”
Review of Stay Hotel Waikiki

Stay Hotel Waikiki
Ranked #68 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
“Great location , Affordable price”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We were lucky enough to find this place on the Internet looking for a cheap clean room in Waikiki . After arriving at stay we we very pleased with the hotel .Rooms were clean and serviced daily nothing was a problem for the staff they were alway's happy to help fresh pastries and breakfast was great. Free wifi great ,free DVD also great I would recomend this place to any one . As for the charges people are talking about ($100 bond and $10 daily fee ) theses fees are normal and are just life .

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Justin S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Woodstock, Canada
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Hi the hotel room fit my bill. It was basic and clean, conviently located near the beach and that is what I wanted. I did not want to pay for Spas, or ocean views, etc, all I wanted was a bed and a bathroom. I was in Hawaii to see the sites, not spend time in my room, so it was a block from the Waikiki beach and lots of shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank FinlayBeaton
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Ok, the hotel is very basic, if u are a traveler in a tight budget, this is a perfect place for u!! Hotel is clean and just one block away from the beach, restaurants, bars and shops!!!!! Staff is very friendly and courteous, they found a shuttle for us to the airport that charges $8 per person, cant beat that....the breakfast is not really a breakfast, just get the coffee and juice (no matter what they still charge u $10) I think they should reconsider charging that for such a poor breakfast.... if u can afford more and looking for luxury, look elsewhere....

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Vincent32313
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Austere doesn't begin to describe this place-the stark, white room has no in-room phone, kitchenette, coffee, nothing, but the location is fantastic- it's right where you want to be in Waikiki, three minutes from the best part of the beach, near the Int'l Market, the zoo, everything you could want to do in Waikiki.
The continental breakfast features all the usual suspects and is okay. The front desk folk are nice for the most part and helpful with one or two exceptions.
Frig avail. for room on request.
Probably not the best choice for a long-term stay like we're having due to the lack of amenities. And the cb isn't really free since you're hit with a $10 per day amenities fee.
It looks like this was an apt. building that was converted to a "hotel."

Room Tip: Probably better to get a room on the higher floors which I think have lanais.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Earl N, General Manager at Stay Hotel Waikiki, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Aloha Jack,

Thank you for taking time to let us know about your experience with us. We are delighted that you liked the location of the property which is just a 2 minute walk from to the beach. Sorry to hear our amenities did not fit your needs, but after the continental breakfast, we do serve coffee in the lobby until noon each day to help most people get their caffine fix. Your room tip is correct. The higher floors have balconies while the lower floor has a little more interior space.

Thank you again for your review and we hope that we will be able to host you again in the near future.

With Warmest Aloha,
Earl T. Nakachi

Travelers are raving about these Honolulu hotels

North-Holland
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I stayed at STAY WAIKIKI for 3 nights starting the 25th of May. I checked in quite late and got a bit surprised with the additional $100.00 deposit(not mentioned in the hotel policy) and another $10.00 per day for the breakfast.However, the front desk staff was friendly enough to explain about the charges.There is a lift in this building.The room is at its minimum set up. It does have a flat screen t.v, a dock station and a fiber glass(?)looking lamp. The room is clean and the bed are well made. Enough towels and soaps,shampoos are provided. I didn`t expect a single bed,because I thought it was a dorm style for two.So I`m quite impressed when I got the room for myself.The not so good part about this room is that there is not much of a nice view to look at if you`ll be able to open the windows. It needs a little bit of renovation also.Otherwise,breakfast is ok,there is an internet service and close to shops and the beach.Just behind Hyatt Regency.They are also providing beach mats,balls,etc. for free of use.
I will certainly recommend it and will come back even just for the sleep.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Salinas
Reviewed June 12, 2013

The most misleading place. The pictures are not even close. Please stay away from this hotel. My room was bit up and dirty. The curtains were black...nasty dirty. Bathroom's toilet sit was dirty and they only give you one pillow per person.
The continental breakfast was ok. Good coffee and pastries.
Phyllis was nice.
It is a shame to have a hotel so close to the beach in such a poor condition. They could make it much better if it was at least clean.

Room Tip: If you will be surfing all day long and only need a room to shower and crash....I recommend if you d...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Aloha Tony,

Mahalo for taking time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. We are dissapointed to hear your experience was not what you had expected. I am sharing your comments with our staff so other guests may have a better experience. Thank you for sharing your comments, it will be put to good use. I only wish we had the opportunity to meet you during your visit so I could have had the chance to make it right while you were still here.

All of us here at Stay Hotel Waikiki wish you a very pleasant day and thank you again for giving us the opportunity to better ourselves.

With Warmest Aloha,
Earl T. Nakachi
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed June 9, 2013

The location is perfect. If you want a fairly inexpensive room without the frills then it is perfect for you. It is a little dated with a modern twist if that explains anything. The room is realy small and so are the beds but I felt really safe. It is a bit noisy but it is a tourist area so it is busy with a lot of traffic. However, the running of the air conditioner drowned everything out for me so I didn't hear anything. The staff is really nice, pleasant and personable. Everything is in walking distance so you don't need a car. I enjoyed my experience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family