“Feels like you are a local”
Review of Honolulu Tavern

Honolulu Tavern
Ranked #935 of 2,540 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night
Description: If you are looking for a laid back local bar to get a drink for an affordable price, this is the place.. Make sure to come in for our $1 Taco Tuesday.. ALOHA served up all day every day.. for all you Aussies, come on in to watch AFL
Reviewed November 2, 2013

As others have said in the following reviews, this is a hole in the wall. We have only been once, but we met a lot of locals, and other tourists that return here every time they are in Honolulu. Very friendly atmosphere, and best of all the drinks are cheap.
Definitely drop in for a few.

1  Thank plumbfire

Reviewed September 2, 2013

...but the best dive bar in Honolulu!...The bartenders are friendly, the drinks are cheap and it is great for people watching (especially the Karaoke)...Plan on spending a few hours - its hard to leave this place...

2  Thank GusDaMan
Reviewed September 6, 2012

If you're looking for a place that's not packed with uptight tourist, some good karaoke, good drinks for a great price.......THIS IS THE PLACE! This is a place where a lot of locals go to hang out. I had one of the best Italian sandwiches in my life here! My best friend came with me on this trip and he was here EVERY night. He said it was the laid back feel that he got from the bartenders. One even offered to have her boyfriend teach how to surf and snorkel (mainly because he came in with a very laid back vibe). I will be returning the next time I come back to Waikiki!

Reviewed June 21, 2012

We love all the girls who work here...they are part of our Waikiki experience...if you like a "good" drink this is the place...awesome fun every time we are in town...

Reviewed June 12, 2012

This is just a nice little friendly bar. They have a karaoke room that seems quite popular. For my money bellying up to the bar and chatting it up with the various regulars is a nice way to spend an evening. I'll be back soon.