“Pleasantly Surprised”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Pleasantly Surprised”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

My girlfriend & I met here for brunch recently. I had apprehensions about this place because of the bad reviews I read on-line regarding the "wait time" and "customer service". I was pleasantly surprised though...no wait time, customer service was excellent, and the food was delicious. The water that they serve has a splash of lemon in it which I really liked. I had the Crab Cake Benedict which was perfect. You get (2) crab cakes (the size of a standard biscuit), the outer crust was slightly crunchy with lots of crab meat inside. I'm not really a big fan of hollandaise sauce so I was glad that they didn't smother the crab cakes with it (like some other restaurants do). It comes with skillet potatoes and (2) asparagus sticks which I thought was a nice addition of some "green" to the dish. We also tried the Dulce de Leche waffles which was yummy. It was perfect for sharing because they serve it in (4) small triangle shaped waffles with a banana that is lightly glazed with a caramel sauce on one side that gave it a nice crunch. The warm sauce drizzled on it wasn't overwhelming to the point where the waffles were soggy, it was the perfect amount with some chopped nuts sprinkled on it (I think it was almonds...?). The decor of this place is very contemporary and it has a very "open & airy" feel to it...you don't feel all cramped. They have outdoor seating as well as an upper level which I thought was unique. The parking-lot is shared with other businesses there so it might be scarce, although I was able to find space directly in front of the restaurant...maybe it was because of the time of day (10am). Overall it was a very pleasant experience and I would most definitely go again.

• Visited May 2013

Nashville, Tennessee
“Great place not too fru fru and great food”
Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

I heard stories abt this place and was not all excited to go until I arrived and we ordered
The place is a fancy yet comfy place with impeccable staff who if they don't know ask thank you for being honest
Food is Paninis and frittatas and salads
Been there 2 times and plan to go again this week very good food for price and ambiance

• Visited April 2013
“Who likes cold eggs?”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Went with a group of 5 . I was super excited to eat here considering all of my friends that come for brunch love it, and the food they get looks amazing ! Well they brought all out food out at once including the appetizers...who wants to eat their appetizer and entree at the same time. Everyone got there food except me. Mine came out 10 minutes later and it was cold. And let me let tell you eggs Benedict doesn't taste very good cold. And when we asked for our checks they spilt them and put the all the wrong things on each checks. When we told them what was wrong on each (even took the time to circal and label the items) they took them back to fix them and still messed them up. Oh well I will give it a chance for brunch because they brunch menu looked way better then the dinner menu!!!

“Second floor gets second class service.”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

My girlfriend and I went for brunch and were sat on the second floor. Our first server brought us waters right away and took my girlfriends drink order. About 15 minutes later (we both looked thru the lunch menu about 3x after we figured out what we wanted) a different server took our order. We ordered the mozzarella and tomato sandwich, prime rib loco moco and a Caesar salad. Food took about 15 minutes which is not that long, but salad came out the same time our entrees did. By the time our food came out I had drank my water and was about halfway done with my girlfriends water since she had her drink, our server brought our food looked at both water glasses and just walked away from the table without so much as an "enjoy your meal". The Caesar salad didn't have croutons on it like advertised...the lettuce was actually yellow and the dressing tasted a little "off". Not once did we get checked on...in fact the only time I saw any servers on the second floor was when they were bringing food. We sent the salad back which was taken off of our bill...the gentleman who took care of it, who I believe was a manager (didn't get his name) was very nice and accommodating. The prime rib loco moco was good but not good enough to make we want to come back. My girlfriend and I usually don't complain both being in the service industry ourselves, but the service was just horrible. I honestly didn't want to tip our server at all but my better half insisted we leave at least 10-15%. Walking downstairs to leave we finally saw our server again...she was talking story with the other servers by the bar. NEVER going back.

Luray, Virginia, United States
“Good food, but very overpriced.”
Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

The Loco Moco and the Hurricane Bowl were both good but the prices are crazy high. For lunch we spent over forty dollars on two dishes and drinks, with tip. We left a very small because the service was terrible. The waiter was not friendly, however she wasn't horribly rude either. She never checked on us during our meal and we waited longer than normal to order and for our check. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone. It looks nice inside, but you pay for the atmosphere not the food. The food is ok, nothing special.