“The Longest Day”

$97.41*
and up
Pearl Harbor, USS Arizona and Circle Island Day Trip
Reviewed April 5, 2012

My advice, always read the fine print before you decide on a tour.
I did not realise we would commence this tour at 8 am and arrive back at our hotel at 10 pm. A very long exhausting day! So if you are up to a fourteen hour tour this is the tour for you. The tour begins with a whistle-stop tour across Oahu and takes in places like Waimea Bay, Sunset Beach, The Blowhole and several other points of interest. After your zig-zag across the island ,you eventually arrive at the Polynesian Village at about 2 pm and you remain there until 9pm. For lunch you can eat at the restaurant or the snack bars. After lunch, youi are free to go to a number of different attractions which are titled Hawaii, Samoa, Tahiti etc. At these shows you experience some of the highlights of the culture such as karate chop opening of a coconut, quick climbing of high palm trees, hula dancing. These shows run for thirty minutes and are time tabled throughout the afternoon. At 5.30 pm, it is time for dinner. Hundreds of people are seated in an enormous auditorium and then it is a two course smorgasbord. Quite a good meal and well organised. After the meal and starting at 7.30 is the Show Breath of Life and this is the highlight of the day. Absolutely brilliant. Set in with a "nature" back drop, the Polynesian dancing is amazing, so full of energy, costuming, brilliant illumination and emotion. A truly unique experience! The Show finishes at 9pm and you arrive home in Waikiki at 10 pm.
Summing up, a quite extroadinary day, but a day I would only do once as it leaves you quite exhausted.

3  Thank 255100Max

Reviewed March 31, 2012

I went on a 9 hour tour with Roberts that was booked though Affordable Tours. On the whole the driver was very good. He was friendly and knowledgeable but he never stopped talking. I appreciated the commentary on the sights but we were continually urged to repeat Hawaiian words or confirm that we could remember what their meanings were along with his personal opinions of life in general. Some people loved it but I just wanted to look at the scenery. The other thing I didn't like was spending lots of time at certain commercial sites and not much or none at all at the world famous beaches along the North Shore. I realize a beach is a beach is a beach but I'd rather look at a world famous surf break for10 minutes than spend 40 minutes looking at pineapple themed souvenirs. That said, he did make an unscheduled stop at an excellent roadside fruit stall for us and at $29 for a full day trip it was a cheap day out.

3  Thank Aussietourist45
Reviewed March 24, 2012

We took this tour and paid extra for the smaller vehicle, which was a good choice. The tour was ok but a bit disappointing. I have been on a circle island tour before and it was much better.
I was very disappointed that we didn't go to the North Shore, just saw it from a distance. I had my heart set on a shave ice at Matsumotos and a stop at the beach and Haliewa. Wiamea Valley was beautiful and worth the stop. We drove past some inviting shrimp trucks, but stopped for lunch at the Crouching Lion, which as disappointing and over-priced. Food was poor quality and the kahlua pig and most of the buffet lacked flavor. Service was slow as well.
The driver was nice, but never stopped talking, so we were glad to get back. She needs to work a little quiet time into the trip.
Shorter stops at Dole, Byodo and a quicker lunch would improve the trip, as would a stop at the north shore in Haliewa.
If you have certain places that you want to go, I suggest doing some research on the internet then renting a car is the best use of your time. Overall this experience was disappointing.

4  Thank CanukinParadise
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Our driver skipped the Hanauma Bay stop because it was too busy. I did not go no Tuesday because it is closed on Tuesday and this is one place I wanted to see. The brochure also says " See world famous North Shore surfing beaches of Sunset, Banzai pipeline and Waimea Bay" You can see them as you look out the window of the moving bus. The brochure says "stroll through the plantation Gardens and see hundreds of varieties of pineapple plants" but a quick run through a garden and a quick look few pineapple plants on display is all you have time for. At the Kualoa Ranch you do not just get a no host lunch you are told you have to eat the buffet because there is no time for anything else. The tram ride was a short jaunt up the hill to see the same Kaneohe Bay and Chinaman's Hat that you can see from the road or the parking lot.

4  Thank Joseph G
Reviewed December 17, 2011

Tour was from 8:15am to 10:20p.m. Went all around the Island and to the Polynesian Cultural Center. We ate at their luau. the food wasn't so good. The Breath of Life show was really a great show.

2  Thank bobalicia1950