“Well worth the money”

Maita'i Catamaran
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The 44-ft. Maita`i Catamaran takes off three times daily to sail the beautiful waters fronting the world’s most famous beach, Waikiki. Aside from incredible views and the exhilaration that comes with being on the ocean, the smooth riding twin-hulled rig serves up adult libations for passengers who are of age.
Reviewed November 14, 2013

We took this catamaran from in front of Waikiki Sheraton. They left right on schedule, the crew consisting of 2 guys were very courteous and funny and they took us for an hour and a half tour that took us all the way past Diamond head with beautiful scenic views of Waikiki. On the way they had drinks for sale, a beer for $3 and a Maitai, champagne , or wine for $5. The maitais were as good if not better than any I've had elsewhere. They took some pictures before we left, which we found for sale when we returned for the island's unified price of $15 but they did not try to force you to buy the pictures. So if you're looking for a relaxing sailing with beautiful scenery, I strongly recommend them.

3  Thank John K
in 5 reviews
"pod of dolphins"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

We took the Moonlight Cruise on a Friday. They were on time and very friendly. The captain timed it perfect for the fireworks display from the shore. We would recommend this to anyone looking for a great boat ride! And if the wind cooperates, you will get a fun sailboat ride too!

Reviewed November 8, 2013

My wife & I had a great time on the Maita'i Catamaran....Easy to find as per instructions, staff were very professional, assisting my wife , on and off....This is a fun 90 minutes. We felt like kids bouncing along the waves on a beautiful day , getting sprayed once in a while as we enjoyed our drinks. Thank you , we had fun.

1  Thank kennywn
Reviewed November 7, 2013

What a fantastic way to enjoy the sun, waves and view of Waikiki. The music was tasteful and suitable to a multi age/family experience. We thoroughly enjoyed our 90 minute sail with Captain Rich and Clary who provided a safe, fun and very enjoyable trip. It was one of the highlights of our vacation.

1  Thank VictoriaBlu
See more reviews
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I love rides on Catamarans so I was excited to do the Tradewinds morning sail with Maita'i. I read reviews that all sounded great. Unfortunately that wasn't our experience. As soon as we got on board we were told that no one was allowed to ride on the trampolines (nets). This was huge for me since it is what I love best.I was told that the reason was due to a bad incident and now they don't allow anyone on them. :(
Okaaay...but then we were never further out from shore than a few hundred yards. And we left from Weikiki beach and only went as far a Diamond Head... (not far at all) Then we sort of trolled back and forth a few hundred yards from shore. Weird. There were times that we just sat in the water not moving at all. There was little to no wind this day so I get that we couldn't really be under sail. But, they do have power! We bought the groupon which was crazy inexpensive $55 for four of us. I know they have sold thousands of these groupons and I got the sense that they weren't wanting to power around due to gas cost. That's the only thing I could come up with. I've been on many cats and this was by far the worst. I couldn't wait to get off I was so bored. In fairness I will say that I heard an older couple beside me saying how much they enjoyed it and were so glad they chose to do it. But if you love the cats for the adventure and free, wind in your face, gliding along the water feel..... I would look elsewhere. If you want really low key sort of hanging off shore... this is the sail for you. Side note: The crew was friendly.

1  Thank Rockpc