“Excellent tour guide”

Owner description: Private Customized tours of Oahu
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent tour guide”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

There is nothing like having a local show you around and Susie did a great job. She gave me a wonderful tour of the north shore. We got to eat at a local restaurant. I also had a chance to see her world famous dog skateboard.

Visited December 2013

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“BALI HIGH! PLUS Tour Guide Susie”
Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed a natural features-packed day carefully tailored to suit my requests by my private guide, Susie. I did locate this island gem through a quick search of Tours-By-Locals as I had had a positive experience with another knowledgeable guide through this agency in another country. As an experienced travelling solo woman, I felt the wisest course was to reserve my nearly last- minute-decided tour day through a vetted source. In future, I'll be certain to book directly through Aloha Private Tours website, now that I found a delightful new "Sistah' in Susie!

My action packed (yet comfortably paced for my arthritic knees) day began with Susie pre-obtaining my entrance to the Pearl Harbor Memorial site before picking me up at my hostess' home. Susie's automobile was clean, cooling, and CUTE! That last adjective was primarily covered by a lei-adorned sweet and clearly beloved mini-"ambassadog," Bali. I was asked well prior and gave my permission for Bali to accompany us on our day.

Susie advised me CORRECTLY
(contrary to info I had read about regs at our National Park in Honolulu!) that NO pocketbooks would be allowed and that I should rent the audio tour. I was promptly admitted,avoiding having to spend limited time and funds to rent a locker. I was able to spend several well-informed and guided,contemplative early hours at the Arizona Memorial as well as visit most of the explanatory exhibits and listen to first-hand to emotional survivors' oral history of a most terrible time.

Susie was calmly awaiting my text (15 minutes after I thought I'd be finished but I like to soak in every visual and legible detail in ANY site I encounter on my travels!) The car was cool and she offered cold drinks throughout the day. She showed me on plastic-enclosed maps where we were
heading to make the most of my day viewing items I cherish as well as avoiding duplication of areas I had already seen.

During the rest of our day, I reveled in the peace and sparkling fins of the koi in the landscaped ponds of a serene Buddist temple, took in breathtaking views of the mountainous Oahu coastal roads, snapped art-photographs of truly beautiful natural and cultivated flowers and lushly varied evergreen trees; marveled at Pacific surf crashing over lava-rock formations, oddly humorous blow-hole formations and secluded sandy beaches.

I'm not including any mention of food, although Susie certainly had suggestions featuring (my preferences!) non-chain, local fare throughout the lavishly green areas we travelled. But I was primarily interested in enjoying as much Oahu as I could and was very satisfied to sip 'n snack along the majestic roadways. After all, we sure DON'T have "BOLD Roasted Almonds seeped in wasabi and soy" in New England!

Susie even got me to an accessible for getting-achey knees, palm tree shady, pristine sandy beach where I excitedly dipped in the water!

Along with her island parting gifts, Bali's acrobatic antics as the most self- confident, cutest land-surfer-girl anyone could imagine, and Susie's historically rich conversation through-out our day, I'd be hard- pressed to select just ONE high- point! MAHALLO BALI & SUSIE!

3 Thank Swanswimming
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just what we wanted”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Phil and I wanted a relaxing day away from Waikiki. Susie and Bali gave us such a fine and fun day. Our brief to Susie was to take us to some of her favourite quiet spots and beautiful places, and that we weren't into hiking or anything strenuous. We were really happy with the entire day. Lots of chatting with Susie regarding local and Hawaiian history and culture. Bali was delightful and attracted attention with her skate-boarding skills, other tricks and cuteness. Honestly, the day spent with Susie and Bali felt much like a day with a friend. We ended the day with something I requested...a visit to a market to buy fresh food and produce so we could avoid the ubiquitous ABC shops! We were delighted with our tour with Susie. Regards, Tamara and Phil

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Tamara P
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Excellent tour guide!”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

My family of 9 decided on using Susie's service a week before we arrived and a great decision it was!!

Susie took us around to the sites we pre selected and provided excellent knowledge of the history and area during our drives to the sights. She showed us popular tourist sites but more importantly the off the beaten path locations that we would have never seen otherwise.

Our family ranged from 2 - 67 years old and she was able to accommodate all of them. My 2 yr old niece had such a great time with her that the next day she was asking "where's suzie". She equally was able to make it memorable for my mom/mother in law/father in law who loved the stops especially the last one!

While we booked one week in advance, I would suggest doing it much sooner to ensure you get the tickets you need and she can secure an appropriate vehicle to accommodate your group.

Great tour that I recommend to friends visiting now.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Sushil N
Port Lavaca, Texas
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Best day of my vacation!!”
Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

Awesome time! If I could give more than 5 stars, I would!!! It was an experience, NOT a tour! If only we could of had her for the whole week. From the prompt warm welcome we received, to a carefully prepared iternary, to our favorite drinks in the cooler, to our delicious lunch at one of Oahus' local diners, Susie is the real deal! Full of Hawaiian history knowledge, totally professional, flexible with our requests, and the ability to make you feel like we're great friends! She's able to take you to all the special hidden places that big tour buses don't want to. And then there's Bali! What can I say? Between her wearing her pink lei, to her Harley hat and sunglasses, or skateboarding at one of the overlooks, she was a hit with all who saw her- especially with us. She would be that 6th star on the rating! Love her and totally loved the tour! We actually recommended her services to other people today while on another tour if you want to see the REAL Oahu, call Susie! Thanks SO much Susie! Mahalo! Til next time

Visited October 2013