Review Highlights

jrmirkin
Los Angeles, California
via mobile
Great way to see Hawaii

Overall our holiday to Hawaii was lovely and all that I expected Hawaii to be - it did not... read more

Barbara R
Tweed Heads, Australia

All reviews captain dustin turtle snorkel sunset cruise spirit of aloha hilton pier short cruise fun cruise sea turtles crew members highly recommend this trip awesome sunset staying at the hilton hawaiian village pod of dolphins diamond head taking photos great trip
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

What a fantastic experience! Five minutes out from the Hilton Hawaiian Village, where we boarded the Spirit of Aloha, we were over a reef teeming with fish and a giant turtle swimming lazily on the surface. The water was warm, and within five minutes of getting all of us into the water we were observing for Giant sea turtles on the reef about 15 to 20 feet below us. They are incredible reptiles (yes, I looked it up and they are reptiles!). They were not particularly interested in us and a couple of them even slowly surfaced to get air right next to us. Amazing! After snorkeling, we set sail around Diamondhead and out into the open sea. It was windy we’re fairly big swells, what’s the boat why did through them with speed and ease, it was thrilling. What a view of Diamondhead in Waikiki!

The Spirit of Aloha is a beautiful catamaran and very comfortable. The skipper, Mash (pronounced Mah-sh), and his crew, Vinny and Nick, were young, very Hawaiian laid back, but very professional. They took care of everything and seemed really interested in making this a pleasurable trip for all of us. I can’t recommend this enough!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

It is a very good way to see all the islands and then decide which ones you want to go back to. Overall we enjoyed our selves.
Dinning facilities are good. The speciality dinning at Cagney's served a very good steak and Jefferson's served the best lamb fillet that I have every had.
Usual facilities that you would expect on board.
Some public areas (notable guest services) had fraying carpet, other areas could also do with some maintenance.
We have sailed a number of times with Holland America and this boat was not of HA's standard. It is a lower-mid range quality cruise line with some aspects that outform others.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Overall our holiday to Hawaii was lovely and all that I expected Hawaii to be - it did not disappoint.
But I was very disappointed in our cabin. I did not expect to get our of bed and hit my head on the bunk when needed to get out during the night. One day I noticed a bruise on my head and then remembered it was from hitting it on the bunk.(By the way I am not very tall) This also happened to my husband (who is tall). I had expected a cabin with a sofa bed and although there were plenty on our deck we did not get one. I would have thought they would be out to impress for new customers.

The next disappointment was the entertainment on the ship - the best show was the one the crew performed and the one on the final night.. I thought the food was underwhelming and the service very disappointing. One night we waited an hour and a half between entree and main meal and as a result we missed the show. One of the head people did chat with us after we complained and to placate us we were given a bottle of wine for each couple. (There were only four of us on our table) Sadly we also had food that we had to send back. One morning a person sitting on our table had toast which was black and should never have been served at all. But the lady didn't want to wait around for a new lot of toast.
We found that the Pride of America doesn't come anywhere near even Celebrity Summit or definitely not Princess line.
On the positive side the embarkation and disembarkation was quite well organised.The nice touch after the final show was the introduction of the crew some behind the scene and some front line. That was really nice to see them recognised as they should be

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Amazing trip! Everyone was extremely friendly and the service was above and beyond! Capt. Amy and crew did everything out of their way to make sure everyone aboard had a great awesome experience! Drinks, Food, Turtles, Blue Ocean, Sun...amazing experience!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Did the morning Turtle cruise with lunch and drinks included. Cruise and snorkeling amazing! We saw so many turtles!!! Wonderful crew that made sure we had the best time! Definitely a must do in Waikiki!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We did the morning turtle snorkeling cruise with lunch served. Cap’n Amy was great, and the guys in the crew were friendly, helpful & gracious. The turtles were incredible! We saw several turtles and the water was pretty clear. It was a great experience all around.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We arrived at the port and we were quickly escorted through the lines as my husband was walking with the aid of a stick. Excellent service. All staff were very friendly and attentive Our stateroom was small but adequate . We did have a balcony which was great. The aircon worked extremely well for a cruise ship. It was greatly appreciated after a day ashore. The buffet was sadly lacking the food always looked soggy and unappetising. Although the fresh fruit was wonderful. Skyline dining room was excellent. We ate there most of the time. Didn’t go to specialty restaurants. It was a very laid back relaxing holiday. Great way to see the islands .

Reviewed October 6, 2018 via mobile

We did the Friday dinner and fireworks cruise and the snorkel with turtles lunchtime cruise. Both cruises were well managed and excellent fun. I'm not sure of the Friday night crew, but the day time cruise was Nash,Corinne,nick & vinnie. Great job!

Reviewed October 5, 2018 via mobile

A new boat and an amazing crew make this an awesome sunset cruise to take. We also live that you board right on Waikiki (at Hilton Hawaiian Village) and don’t have to take a bus. The food was simple, but plentiful (not a dinner cruise), and the drinks were great. A few kids on board (note: I would pay $10 extra for a no kid sailing).

Reviewed September 30, 2018 via mobile

Mash, Corinne, Nick and Vinnie were a splendid crew! They were very upbeat and knowledgeable. They took us right out to where we saw 7+ sea turtles at once while snorkeling just above the reef! And the turtles came up for air within three feet of us! The overall experience was magical and I’d definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a unique adventure not far from shore.