“A few great hours on the water”

Port Waikiki Cruises
More attraction details
Owner description: Departures daily from the Hilton Hawaiian Village pier at Waikiki Beach. Snorkeling, sailing, whale-watching, fish, turtles, dolphins, Friday Fireworks dinner cruises and more!
Glenside, Pennsylvania
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“A few great hours on the water”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

As part of our 2 week vacation I decided to book a 4 hour snorkel trip with Port Waikiki Cruises. The fee was reasonable and the crew was very accommodating. They provided very clear instructions with respect to safety aboard their boat as well as safety while snorkeling. All the gear was provided as well as a life vest. One well trained swimmer accompanied the swimmers while in the water and ensured everyone stayed together. There were also spotters aboard the boat to make sure everyone was accounted for during the swim. They took us to an area abundant with fish as well as sea turtles. They made it very clear about the laws governing the protection of the turtles and made sure we understood the sensitivity of the environment in which we were swimming. After the swim, they provided us with both liquid refreshments and a complete lunch. Overall I enjoyed my time on the water hosted by Port Waikiki Cruises. One point I would like to make is that ensure that you are a STRONG Swimmer, as the boat anchors somewhat far from the swimming area to protect the reef and the current can be strong at times. I will look up these folks again when I return to Oahu.

Visited June 2013

• Korean first
Corona, California, United States
“The best time EVER!!”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I have been coming to the islands for over 30 years, and have to say this is the best cruise I've ever taken. We actually caught the Wainae tour yesterday with Hawaiian Nautical, had a wonderful day with Dustin (Captain) and his crew, so much we went out again with Dustin out of Waikiki. Have to say, Dustin is great as is his crew - they really made us feel the Ohana!

For anyone thinking about taking the cruise, do it. You won't be disappointed. We swam with the turtles, snorkeled, watched dolphins spin off the bow of our boat, had a great lunch, service was fantastic....well worth the $$$. (Dustin, please share our sediments with both crews - you guys are awesome!!!)

Thanks again,
Keith, Cammie, Kristen, Andy, Mikayla, Kiley, Kayden - Laster/Quinlan

Boise, Idaho
“Experience of a lifetime!”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

This was a fabulous adventure!!!! The reviews written previous to mine were spot on! Our experience exactly, so obviously this crew is consistent and good at what they do. Unfortunately, I became sea sick (I do have bad motion sickness and vertigo and it never dawned on me that swimming in the sea would make me sick). The crew was wonderful!!! I have a 7 year old son who was a natural at the snorkeling and one of the crew stuck close to him, to ensure his safety, since there was no way I could remain in the water. I did get to see a sea turtle, despite being sick. Sadly, I was miserable and could not even enjoy the day, but knowing my son was having the time of his life made it worth every minute of my agony. I missed out on my lunch and drinks, but again, my son chowed and he's normally very picky. He worked up an appetite while snorkeling. On the sail, he found a perfect spot to lay on the boat and actually fell asleep, it was that relaxing. The crew made excellent nurse maids to me and two other people who were rather queezy. The important thing is to know, if you do get motion sick, try taking a double dose of Dramamine (I only took one) and don't eat before you go! BUT, if you still decide to go, don't be ashamed when you get to feed the fish. I am a member of the club now......it was well worth every penny!!!!!

Orland Park, Illinois
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Best part of trip”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Swimming with dolphins! Paddle boarding, kayaking, swimming, snorkeling... even attending luau's paled in comparison to the relaxing experience on the sunset catamaran cruise with Captain Bill and crew. Drinks were cheap, the size of our group was great, my daughter (8) loved every minute of it. I had not expected this to be the highlight of the trip, but based on our experiences, I highly recommend adding this to your itinerary.

1 Thank sara J
Gold Coast
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Snorkeling with the Turtles”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We went on the shorter trip out to the reef to snorkel with the turtles, and was just what we were looking for.
It took under 10 mins to get to the dive site, and we were straight in. The crew were great, explained everything we needed to know and got us in the water quick, where after 5 mins we were swimming around and taking photos of multiple turtles.
The guys were close by with us and calling out additional turtles as they came, it was a great trip and enjoyed a nice cool drink on the short trip back.

Would recommend.