“The ice is perfect, but they're stingy with the syrup”
Review of Waiola Shave Ice

Waiola Shave Ice
Ranked #13 of 102 Dessert in Honolulu
Honolulu, Hawaii
“The ice is perfect, but they're stingy with the syrup”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Shave ice is pretty simple; there's just not much to talk about here. The service was neither good nor bad - same can be said about the price. The actual ice is great - very small crystals, creamy texture, and very cold. Now that the ice is taken care of - the syrup is your average stuff, but there just isn't enough. After the first half-inch, the ice is pure white and untouched.

• Visited January 2013

• Korean first
Torrance, California
“Best shave ice !!!!”
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

This is a must every time I am in Hawaii - in fact if I can go more than once I will - some times I wish I could eat more than one at a time - it really is the best Hawaii shave ice! EVER!!!!

Columbus, Ohio
“Just ice”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Not that the shaved ice is not good, but its just shaved ice. Maybe all the other reviewers have not had this kind of sweets before, but this is not that special. It should not be grouped under restaurant, because its not. If you happened to be near by, try it. Not going to be worth the trouble if you have to make a trip just for this, even if its the best shaved ice on the island.

• Visited December 2012
Los Angeles
“Worth Seeking Out!”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Wow was this a hidden gem! Located in a residential area, if it wasnt for our friend, I don't think I would have found this place on my own.

Between me and the fiance, we shared an Azuki Bowl. It came with tons of red beans with mochi drizzled in condensed milk. The mochi balls were yum. (I'm not a big fan of beans in general but I ate them anyways.) And who can say no to condense milk?! And wooo the shave ice! I have to say, the shave ice was the softest shave ice I have ever tasted. It's as if you're eating fresh fallen snow!

This place is definitely worth looking for!

Visited September 2012
vacaville, ca
“by far the best shave ice on Oahu”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

So we tried shave ice at the big three, and this is the winner by far! They're not shy with the flavors and the ice is so fine. The other two had much thicker ice. Worth the short drive from Waikiki. Kind of hard to find, but worth it.

• Visited September 2012