“Awesome Sunset Cruise”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Awesome Sunset Cruise”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

My wife and I rode in the Na Hoku I catamaran directly in front of the outrigger hotel. I spoke with the asian lady who stands with a clipboard (forgot her name, but very friendly) She takes the reservations, book early if you want to take a cruise they have about 4-5 a day. Free drinks (coors and PBR beer, mai tais). Cost is $30 per person. in my opinion worth every cent.. i dont care much for the drinks, but i did enjoy a few which was a nice compliment to the breathtaking views, sites and sunset i observed.. not to mention all the great foto op's. The ship was packed, but the majority seemed to be couples looking for a romantic sunset cruise, there was however a group of late 20's who were loud, obnoxious and stupid.. their screaming and antics amongst eachother were annoying, but didnt take anything away from my cruise.. Captain "rabbit" and his crew were fantastic, very friendly, played good music, made the trip fun and memorable. Becareful when first leaving shore when the waves start crashin the water starts a splashin. Don't sit in the front if you dont want to get wet.

Visited April 2013

Queensland, Australia
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Worth every cent”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Took a 90min cruise with a group of friends and after reading some reviews I was a bit reserved with what to expect. We grabbed some nibblies to munch on and departed around 1.30pm for what turned out to be a very relaxing 90 min on the waters off Waikiki. You dont need to book, just roll up to where it moors behind the Outrigger and don't forget to mention you are a return visitor in order to get your $5 discount!! Drinks are unlimited both alcoholic and non-alcoholic - some basic beers, wines & basic spirits as well as a few cocktail per-mixes such as Mai Tai. We cruised out toward Diamond Head and then headed back in from there and we were lucky enough to see some whales along the way. Don't expect this to be an informed cruise, rather just a relaxing time on the water with great views of Waikiki. There was a wide spread of all ages on the boat and everyone just had a great time - all the staff are very friendly as well. Highly recommend this to people of all ages.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank JK_GOLD_COAST
Cypress, Texas
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Awesome ride for all ages!”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

My family of 4 (2 adults, 2 kids ages 12 and 8) rode on the 11:30 am sightseeing tour. We paid $70 (30 for each adult and 5 for each kid) and it was worth EVERY penny. The $30 includes all you can drink, and boy do they want you to drink! The crew was so much fun and amazing with the kids. The captain let both of our kids steer the boat, which they loved. The crew truly took care of all the passengers and when my little one was feeling a little queasy towards the end, one of the guys immediately jumped up and got him some ice and was very compassionate. If our trip had been longer, we would've done this twice! It was an amazing 2 hours (they let you on 30 minutes before you sail so you can drink!) and I'd highly recommend to anyone visiting Waikiki.

Visited March 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Disappointed”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

My husband and I had heard good reviews of The Na Hoku and were looking forward to our Sunset Cruise, but were quite disappointed with the "atmosphere" and lack of effort from the crew. The only plus was the reasonable price and unlimited drinks, and of course the scenery. Captain "Steve" seemed to be bored to tears, never said a peep. The crew was attempting to offer good service, but they seemed to be burned out from their, I'm sure, multiple trips to sea that day. Music was barely playing and didn't even start until 30 mins into our ride. Ride was supposed to be 90 mins, but we pulled into shore after only an hour. Was expecting a lively, fun atmosphere. Better luck next time

2 Thank Rinniburke
San Diego, California
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Na Hoku II catamaran - so fun!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Best catamaran! The crew is super friendly and make sure you are never without a beverage. It's a smooth and chill ride, and not all commercial. You can catch it out front of Waikiki beach, and just walk up, pay, and jump on! Soooo worth it!

Visited October 2012