This building is well situated in Waikiki. Pretty much everything is walking distance, but gated parking is also included if you want to rent a car and travel around the island. The building has security and some nice amenities like a pool, sun deck, gym, and laundry room. The gym is a little dated and you have to get the pin for the weight machines from the security guard in the lobby every time. There is a Food Pantry just a few blocks away - expect for salt and pepper, the owners do not leave any food items.
As for the unit (3001), it was totally fine and I would stay here again no problem. It was very clean and fresh smelling. There are plenty of towels and nice pillows. The kitchen has also the basic appliances and utensils. The balcony and bedroom window faces the mountains, so I think it is a bit quieter than the units facing the beach. There are views of the beach from the kitchen and living room windows.
No big negatives to report, but here are a few minor things you might want to consider:
The a/c is in the living room - there is no fan or a/c in the bedroom. I think it would be nice if they at least put a fan in there just in case. That said, there was always a nice cool breeze during our stay and we would not have used a fan if there was one.
The fold out couch/bed is not the best. I would not want to sleep on that for a week, but it would be okay for two kids or a small adult. The king bed in the bedroom is nice - soft but comfy.
The unit does not have a washer/dryer. You have to go the 7th floor. Make sure you stock up on quarters. $1.75 for wash and $1.25 for dryer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location, Location, Location! Our Royal Kuhio spacious 1BR 1BA located in the heart of Waikiki directly across from the reknown Matteo's Italian Restaurant and Waikiki Trade Center. The Royal Hawaiian Shopping Center w/over 110 shops, restaurants and entertainment venues is only a two blocks away, and just beyond it is the famous Waikiki Beach. Our spacious rooms with partial ocean or mountain views come fully equipped with a complete kitchen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Royal Kuhio Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Kuhio Hotel Honolulu
- Royal Kuhio Resort Hawaii/Honolulu