Okay, I must have been really spoiled on my first visit to the Aston Beach Tower in 2009. We had booked a "2BR partial ocean view room" and must have been upgraded to a "2BR Premium Ocean View Room" as we were on the 32nd floor with views to die for (Diamond Head to Ala Moana). The furnishings were modern, super luxurious and the whole experience was incredible. So........ when planning my 60th Birthday trip with husband, 2 brothers and 2 sisters-in-law, I recommended we stay at the same property. I booked back in March 2013 - a 2BR Deluxe Ocean View plus a 1BR Deluxe Ocean View and requested the "highest floor possible". One week prior to arriving we were contacted by our Travel Agent to inform us that the hotel would be undergoing renovations on the outside only, which should not cause any disruption to our stay. They stated that the renos "may" mean that we might be in a room without access to our lanai. While I wasn't very happy, it was too late to find an alternative property. However, upon arrival, we were then informed that we would not be able to use either the pool or the jacuzzi during our stay! While the Aston staff insisted that they had notified Wholesalers and Agents of the renovations back in September, we were certainly not advised until November about the renos and certainly not about the closure of the pool. Well, we were already there - what could we do? Then came the disappointment of the rooms! While we had requested (back in March) for a "highest floor possible", we found ourselves on the 12th floor, with a little view of the ocean directly in front of our lanai, but mostly overlooking the rooftops of the buildings on both sides and putting up with the noise of the air conditioners on top of the Pacific Beach Hotel next door. We did however have a great view into the Rooms of the Aston Circle Hotel in front of us! It was entertaining watching what other travellers get up to after dark with lights on and curtains open! The furnishings in both rooms were dated, tired and in need of a good re-furb. Coffee tables, chairs and TV cabinet all needed a coat of varnish, and the TVs were all the old tube-type. Not a flat screen to be seen. Needless to say, after the incredible experience of my first visit in 2009, I was disappointed and embarassed that I had recommended this property so highly to my family. There was no apology from Management, no offer of change of room, and certainly no offer of a partial refund for the inconvenience of no pool. I guess I equate it to paying a premium price for a dozen large free-range eggs, only to discover I'd only been given 10 cage-raised small eggs for the same price! In fact, I feel like I've been ripped off!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of Waikiki's most luxurious condominium resorts, Aston Waikiki Beach Tower provides the perfect combination of condominium living and exclusive hotel-quality service. All units feature a full kitchen, balcony, and view of the Pacific Ocean. The hotel provides valet parking and WiFi throughout the property. Aston Waikiki Beach Tower features an outdoor pool with a separate children's pool area, a jet spa, BBQ grills, fitness center, and billiards. Conveniently located near the center of Waikiki's main stretch, the hotel offers easy access to an eclectic mix of shopping, dining, activities and exciting nightlife. The resort is also just steps away from a wide variety of ocean activities from surfing to snorkeling and parasailing to sunset cruises. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Aston Waikiki Beach Tower reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Waikiki Beach Tower Hotel Honolulu
- Resortquest Waikiki Beach Tower
- Waikiki Beach Tower
- Aston Waikiki Beach Tower Hawaii/Honolulu