We stayed at the Beach Tower in 2010 and were very happy with our stay. Now, 2 years later, our visit was even better than the first.
Even though the suites are huge and very nice, and the location is next to perfect, I think that the staff is probably our favorite part of staying at this location. Starting from the check-in, everyone we dealt with was top-notch and seemed to really enjoy their jobs. After check-in we received a follow-up call from Mary at the front desk to ensure everything was OK with our room. In addition, we received a call from Mike, the GM, to again make sure our room met our expectations. The follow-ups didn't disturb us at all and show excellent customer service. If you notice the previous reviews for this hotel, you'll see that Mike does comment on many of them. Obviously, he cares about this hotel and his customers.
In addition to the GM and front desk staff, we also had good interaction with the housekeeping staff. They have twice daily cleaning, (evenings are more of a turn down/touchup) and they timed the cleaning with our schedule. I ran into a housekeeper in the entry way and she asked what time would be convenient to do the cleaning. Again, great customer service. In addition, my previous review praised the valet staff, and they were just as good this time. They are there to get the car, but also provide beach mats, towels, and will offer an opinion when asked about an activity. Great group of guys and the 3 we dealt with most, Ed, Eddy, and Russ were all there 2 years ago if I remember correctly. They even offered to park the car "close" to save us time if we would be leaving again soon. Of course, you will want to tip the valet staff, but the valet parking is included in the price of the room.
The location is fabulous, right across the street from Waikiki Beach. The area directly in front of the hotel has a rock wall that makes the water gentle, but to each side of the wall there are the expected waves for surfing, bodyboarding or playing in the water. This gives you the option of gentler water (great for younger kids), or full waves that our older children enjoy. There is also a small stage area on the beach in front of the hotel where we've seen Hawaiian music played and dancers some afternoon/evenings. Overall, I can't picture a better location on the beach.
For our family of older teenagers, the additional space in the suites works well for us. We had the master suite with it's own bathroom, and the kids shared the other bedroom, again with another bathroom. There's a full living room/seating area, a full kitchen with dining area, and a huge lanai. We were on a higher floor and from the front of the unit we could see all the way from Diamond Head to I believe Barber's Point the other direction. From the back of the unit we had a great view of the mountains. Note that each floor only has four units and they go from the front to the back of the building. This means that you will not only have an ocean view, but in many of the suites (on higher floors) also a mountain view over the top of the other hotels, all from the same unit. Since our last visit they have also installed wireless internet in the rooms in addition to the wired.
As Eddy loaded the car for us to return to the airport, he stated "see you again next year". We talked a little further and realized based on the conversation that he remembered us from our stay 2 years ago. Based on the hundreds of families that stay there every year, this amazed us. I don't know what our travel plans are for next year, but if they include Oahu, you can count on it that you'll "be seeing us again".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of Waikiki's most luxurious condominium resorts, Aston Waikiki Beach Tower provides the perfect combination of condominium living and exclusive hotel-quality service. All units feature a full kitchen, balcony, and view of the Pacific Ocean. The hotel provides valet parking and WiFi throughout the property. Aston Waikiki Beach Tower features an outdoor pool with a separate children's pool area, a jet spa, BBQ grills, fitness center, and billiards. Conveniently located near the center of Waikiki's main stretch, the hotel offers easy access to an eclectic mix of shopping, dining, activities and exciting nightlife. The resort is also just steps away from a wide variety of ocean activities from surfing to snorkeling and parasailing to sunset cruises. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Booking.com, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aston Waikiki Beach Tower reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Waikiki Beach Tower Hotel Honolulu
- Resortquest Waikiki Beach Tower
- Waikiki Beach Tower
- Aston Waikiki Beach Tower Hawaii/Honolulu